How do I bring out my expressive eyes out more with makeup?

I have very expressive eyes that are nice for applying makeup. I have been severely depressed for awhile and just recently got back into wearing makeup again. By the way there is a pic of my eyes in my profile pic. My eyes are usually a dark brown but they can change to a light brown depending on how I am feeling. Should I stick to the basics light eye makeup? Or should I try out cat eye or smokey eye? I simply want to know suggestions for expressive brown eyes so I can bring them out more. I hated my eyes for years until I realized I have the ability to show how I am feeling not everyone's eyes can do that. And I know brown is very common for eyes so it should not be too hard to find colours to go with my eyes.

Girls only do I even need to mention this? My question got put in that section by mistake.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• Call me a racist but what is needed is COLOR CONTRAST , since your eyes are brown you need something that contrast it.

First step is clear the eye whites, that's how you make an iris POP.
    Change your diet , eat more fruits and vegetables to improve liver function , reduce processed sugar intake.
    Sleep well and drinks LOTS of water.

Second step , makeup.
    I'm a guy so you'll need to ask a girl but I think blue mascara works well as according to the color wheel.

• i believe you'd be better without make-up. if someone has beautiful eyes, then make-up would destroy them, in my opinion

• make up doesn't make you more attractive. As a guy I like girls without make up in non-formal occasions, the way I see it it lets me know what I'm getting into. now if its a date, makeup should be applied because it shows that you take the date seriously

• Make up doesn't make you look better. Please stop buying into the bull the cosmetic companies are throwing at you.

• Stay up for days at a time, it really makes them... Pop out

• You should use eye liner.

• Don't cause girls look great without makeup

What Girls Said 13

• 1- Just to point out you don't need to be mean to guys who are trying to help even if you only asked girls.

2- Brown eyes look really good with flashy colors (everything in moderation of course), as well as nude colors. So try to mark your waterline with a flashy blue, purple or green, and keep the upper part toned down. The highlighter also helps making eyes pop, use it at the center of the lid to give brightness to the iris, and at the inner corner of the eye.

• The cat eye look is a great way to make the eyes seem larger, skip the eyeshadow and just use basic lines and use high definition mascara and keep the rest of your make-up minmum to make your eyes the focus point.

• I have the same issue but mine are pretty average and I want them to appear bigger. I say highlight below your eyes, on the brow, and the t bone. If you want, highlight near your nose too. Then choose three shades of eyeshadow. Use the lightest one for the center and the inner corners of your eyes and use a slightly dark color to fill out the rest of the eyelid. Then use the darkest of the three on the crest of the eyelid which is the indent of the bone. Go over it with a fluffy blush. Then use black eyeliner on the top. Make it appear thin on the top then make it thicker near the end and wing it out. Curl your eyelashes and make them long, curly, and dark. Use a beige or white color eyeliner on your waterline. If you want you can use the lightest shade of your eyeliner on the bottom and just trace it right underneath your waterline. That should make your eyes pop out. Hope that helped:)

• Thank you I own a couple of those eye shadow kits. I have a gold one from the body shop.

• Gold would definitely work for the eyes. You should try it out and yeah no problem :)

• I did gold from my grad and it really bought my eyes out. Like I said when im happy my eyes literally smile. They change to a light brown. Right now they are kinda dark brown.

• I usually stick to a dark color on my crease, medium underneath my eye, and light on my lid, underneath my eyebrow, and in the inside corners of my eyes. Then I apply mascara ends first, then sweep up from the roots. It's fast, easy, and makes my eyes maaajorly stand out :)

xx

• Im a pro at makeup tbh, you have a lovely eye & eyelids; try to keep it simple and classic, I would recommend a cat eye with no eye shadow (if you want to wear one, warm colors like beige, browns, earthy tones and even some plums can do wonders) and an excellent mascara (maybelline falsies does wonders and Givenchy has amazing ones too) and If you dont do your eyebrows , Do it! You will be amazed on how much your eyes will intensify when you do ur brows properly

Keep me posted , how did it go xx

• Oh I love smokey eyes! But if your going for a more casual look, put on a lot of mascara and eyeliner (I put it on my water line but some people feel uncomfortable doing that) and it brings out your eyes a lot. You could add some eye shadow if you want and I think it would look really pretty

• I would just stick to top eyeliner and mascara to make your eyes pop but I woukdnt use a lot of thick and fancy makeup because it might distract from your actual eyes.

• Wear fake eyelashes with tips on the end like a sweetheart lash. And nude eye shadow. It will make your eyes look sweet and natural but they will stand out at the same time. Can u answer my q www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1302930-i-am-planning-to-move-out-but-my-boyfriend-is-really-aggressive-about

• I have brown eyes and I find that applying neutral colored makeup such as nude, cream, and brown look really nice for a pretty but subtle look. I put a shimmery white/cream in the inner corners of my eyes, matte nude or shimmery darker cream on the main part of the lid, and medium brown on the outer corners for a slight smoky eye look. I use brown eyeliner and black mascara. I love this look because it's natural but very flattering. It makes my eyes look brighter.

• Thanks :). I do use black mascara. And brown eyeliner sometimes. I have not mastered smokey eye yet :/

• To make your eyes seem brighter or more alive put a light shade of eyeshadow in the inner corner of your eye, for example: white or light pink.

• You should use a lighter concealer under your eyes for brightening , then use a light plum eyeshadow on your lid and a smokey/tope brown in the crease : . And purple eyeliner on the water line makes brown eyes pop too :)

• What I do is I put a light layer of eyeliner under my eyes, then line my upper lip with it and on the corners I make a small wing and fill it in with black eyeliner. Then I apply mascara and sometimes a bronze colored eyeshadow :)
    hope this helped

• I think you're trolling. Our you're just a huge bitch.