At what age should girls start wearing thongs?

I'm wondering because a lot of people in younger grades and my grades wear them. I do too but my friends disapprove. Girls, when did you start wearing thongs?

• Before 14
  • After 14

Most Helpful Girl

• im 20 and i own 1 thong. i dont believe i need to have a constant wedgie to be defined as sexy. if i wanna wear my hipster bikini style undies then i will. ain't no one gonna stop me-.-
    I'm not sure y ur discussing ur lingerie with ur friends anyway. my friends and i never went into specifics.

i will say this tho. u teens now, are growing up too damn fast. and the guys too. y'all be wearing makeup, wearing 6 inch heels and revealing clothing before i ever did. y'all sexualising yourselves just to appeal to men or boost confidence. [not talking bout u specifically, but I'm sick of it]

at 14, u need to study. u need to go out with ur friends to the movies, play bowling, sleepovers, shopping.
    at 14, u need to enjoy ur childhood because it'll b over soon.
    wearing thongs now, wearing makeup now, wearing 6 inch heels now, is RUSHING. do. not. rush.

• Lol a thong is just panties, it's not that serious... They're there to prevent panty lines, not to be anything sexual. And the constant wedgie thing? You don't know how a wedgie works. A wedgie is when you're wearing normal panties and the material rides up and basically the WHOLE back of the underwear goes up your butt. But a thong on the other hand is a thin line and you don't even feel it. Any person who is turned on by the idea of a 14 year old in a thong is messed up anyway..

• coming from another under 18, I'm not surprised u feel this way.
      I'm pretty sure I'm not stupid and understand what a wedgie is. and like i said, i own a thong, so I'm not sure if u took the time to even read my answer properly. @sandyyy_

• I'd defend my opinion whether I was 16 or 26 though? And I did completely read your answer but I'm not gonna sit here and write about all the points you made

What Guys Said 10

• Should? Should ! ? And 14 ! ! I. . . I can't even breathe properly right now. Am I an old man? Seriously14 !

I don't. . . I just can't

Need to calm down, chest hurts, I. . . don't know

• xD OMG that's hilarious !! Haha i keep reading your opinion and... xD i can't stop laughing

• @ClassyClaudia but. . . but you see what she did right? This question, It's too much for me. I still don't know what to do or think and now my head is starting to hurt

I really need to eat

• A girl is not required to wear thongs. She can start at whatever age if she wants or never wear them. Nobody says that a girl "Should" wear them.

• Thongs should be legally restricted to women who show proper identification and are aged 55 and older

• at whatever age they want if they like them.

wht "should" means? it's up to their choice and only!

• I think my daughter will wait until she's at at the earliest 17

• Somewhere in between 57 and 61.5

• Before 10 years old...

• a girl should wear thongs when she becomes a desperate middle aged woman

• I see how you're a guru lol xD :P

• It is after 18.

What Girls Said 16

• I believe the "should" is more of a "could". It depends on what the girl is comfortable wearing. I had my first thong at 18 because i bought a skin tight skirt. But I prefer low rise bikini panties. Thongs give me wedgies.

• Uhhh I have only owned one pair of that kind of underwear... I got it when I was like 16 and going to my junior prom. I had to wear one because of the dress I was wearing. I only wear that underwear with certain outfits when needed. I am a boyshorts kind of girl lol.

• Any age they feel comfortable doing so.
    I didn't get interested in wearing thongs until I became sexually active around 16.

• I didn't start wearing thongs until I was 14. It was as a joke that me and my ex-bestie bought them, but I decided to wear it once. I wasn't the most comfy, but I decided that they could be useful. Honestly I don't use thongs often. I barely use it once a month.

• I was 12 the first time I ever wore one.

I was 14 before I owned more then 1.

I was almost 15 when I started wearing them 50% of the time or more.

• I think I started wearing them when I was 15/16. Any younger would be weird I think. If the girl is wearing them for comfort then that's okay but wearing them for sex appeal and ones that are really sexy would be highly inappropriate in my opinion.

• after 14 definitly. The only reason to wear a thong is because of a skin tight dress or to sexually impress someone which is both not for 14 year olds /especially/ since you aren't even "legal" yet. They feel like a perpetual wedgie anyways...

• & yoga pants lol. I just bought some like cheekers for that reason. (I'm 14) I'm not trying to impress anyone either, the lines just annoy me

• never thought about yoga pants, but yeah. Anything skin tight will show your underwear and yoga pants are meant for exercise @Littlett25

• Yeah well when exercising I do not want panty lines lol

• When they are mature enough that they don't feel they need to show them off to everyone.

• Ahhhh, I think I bought my first thong when I was 13ish? And my best friend got mad at me... for buying.. a thong..

• I think that it is okay to wear a thong you just have to know the things about things before you wear them

• I'd say 14+

• i was 13, when i starting caring about seeing lines with my leggings.

• Any long as your parents are okay with you wearing them then it shouldn't be an issue.

• Not before 14, thats just gross. I'd say about 16 or 17.

• There is no age where a girl is obligated to wear a thong..

I don't know when I started. I probably bought one at 14 or 13, but still to this day I hardly ever wear them. Thongs are not very comfortable.

• I don't think I bought one until maybe 16? I can't remember, but I think younger than 14 is too young. I'm pretty sure if my dad saw one of mine in the laundry if I was 12 or 13 he'd be so shocked he wouldn't know what to do!