Do pale girls like having pale skin?

I like pale skinned girls more so than tan. But are girls self conscious about their skin? I don't like girls to visit tan salons, because you will get skin cancer at the age of 50.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am Irish.. and I do not have any tanning genes in my body ;) I am light skinned and fair haired. Generally people do make fun of really light skin, but I am proud of mine.

What Girls Said 31

• I love my snow white skin! :) Not only does being fair mean that I'm beautiful now, but it means that I'll remain beautiful as I age. Additionally, people who tan frequently have very dry skin while mine remains perfectly moisturized and silky smooth to the touch. The only way to have a natural glow is to skip the tanning beds and to wear sunscreen, and when I'm glowing, I want to be doing it from the inside out through my smile.

• I used to be self-conscious about it especially when other girls would comment on it, and never in a good way til ironically my 1st-college best friend who's gorgeous and naturally tanned said that she used to always want lighter skin like I have, and many girls especially in junior high and high school tried their best and were usually successful at having a tan from the sun and/or tanning bed, unlike me. I did often tried fake tan from a usually lotion but that mostly failed. Not going out in the sun or tanning beds will also keep me looking younger than most others my age [because of that plus absence of alcohol and very rarely smoking I'm already looking at least 5 years younger; I'm almost 22 and people still usually assume I'm no older than 17.]

But now, especially living in MN with many other pale people, I'm usually not self-conscious about it at all. I am a bit self-conscious about my sensitive red face and minor acne, but I wear cover up which is good at hiding that. Also I feel like I have to wear blush and/or bronzer on my cheeks at least to look a whole lot better because otherwise I look too plain after I put the cover up on [which is better than red all over my face.

• I'm Snow White pale with dark brown hair and I love the contrast between my hair and skin. People always comment on how pale I am but they never tell me to go tanning or to otherwise darken my skin tone, and I'm glad that they don't because I burn instead of tanning, and I think I look good anyway.

The downside to having really pale skin is that even the lightest under-eye circles are noticeable and I look deathly ill when I'm sick. That aside, I love my pale skin.

• I love it. Nobody even makes rude comments about it. I make sure to take care of my skin very well (but not too well that I irritate it - a mistake some people make), so I have nothing to hide. I can understand why some girls tan because they feel it hides skin imperfections, because...it does! But I'd rather not do something that would cause me to have even more now as well as later.

Everyone compliments my skin saying that I look like I'm made of porcelain. I do not mind one bit and I like keeping my hair dark to add more contrast. ;)

• I love my skin. I would never go out of my way to get a tan [which is difficult for me in any case, as I burn after like 15 minutes in direct sunlight], and I'm pretty good about caring for and protecting my skin. It will still look and BE healthy decades down the road.

• Red hair pretty much automatically ruins all of my chances at any sort of a tan. I come in two color variations depending on my exposure to sun - red or white. I try to avoid the sun at all costs because of the reasons you've already mentioned. I don't like my pale skin because it limits my ability to be outside (I even bought nice scented 50 spf sunscreen because of my quick burn rate... an hour in the shade and I come out "matching my hair"). Also, there is no way for me to hide embarrassment... my skin shows it all... if I'm sick I'm greenish, if I'm about to pass out I'm pale bluish... when I exercise I look like a tomato. You can see my veins under the skin more easily :( which I find kind of creepy.

Every one tells me they love my skin - that I have a good "creamy" complexion. I find it to be more of a nuisance than anything else. But my husband likes it - so I suppose I can't complain too much.

• well I love my skin. I'm like dark tan I guess. I'm black so that's natural. tanning gets crazy with some of these girls. a girl in high school was like a more orange version of my color from tanning and she kept it that way. I was like okay somebodys getting melanoma in 10-20 years. lol a lot of girls at my school were like that. I know a lot of girls in college who tan as well.

i don't prefer any skin type. I think all of them are beautiful including pale skin. I've seen some hot pale girls. this one chick used to hit on me and flirt with me and she was a pale red head and she was so hot. I should have hit that lol

plus like you guys remember that scene from Final Destination 3 with the tanning beds?

link

Just saying, something to think about... xD

• i like my skin. it's healthy and I take care of it. it couldn't get any whiter unless I was an albino, so it's an unusual color.

• i hate having fair skin.

i burn easy, and can never get that "glow"

when I put fake tan on, it doesn't work because I'm so white it looks so fake and orange. so in saying that, I don't go out in the sun without sunscreen, because id prefer to be white then lobster red >.<

but there is no point in complaining about it, as I was given it, and I look at it like, when I'm older, my skin will appear younger because I haven't done as much damage to it as the other girls.

my skin will be soft and smooth like silk, and theirs will be wrinkled and rough, like an old leather sofa.

• I have white pale skin and I love it! To be honest, tanning beds scare the sh*t out of me. Why the hell would you want to bake your skin? Fucking gross. People who are born with naturally dark skin are really the only people that should have it. I find that a lot of girls I know who tan just look horrible afterward's. I love my pale skin 'cause its smooths and my tone is even and if I go out at night or a really cloudy day my skin is luminous and glowing. I feel pretty good about it and so does my boyfriend. : )

• I like having fair skin. I used to be self-conscious about it because people always told me that I needed to go tanning, but I think that's stupid now. I'm much more likely to burn than tan, so I would rather stick with my natural skin tone.

• I do!

I used to be so self conscious about this (back when I was like 13) and then I started getting A LOT of compliments on my skin/coloring/complexion and now I totally embrace it. Tanning is so gross and such a hassle and I prefer to keep myself healthy and avoid leather skin and wrinkles for my old age :) Not that I don't love tan skin, I do, but as someone else on here said I think it has to be a natural thing for it to be attractive imo.

• I used to hate that I didn't tan well. But I've come to love m y pale skin I think the only time tan looks good is when you knows its natural. I hate it when its 10 degrees outside and every girl you see (and some guys too) are like orange. It's a waist of money and time. Natural is beautiful

• i have pale skin most of the year, I don't mind it at all.

• I like having it. Quite a lot. :) I look okay with a little color, but not at all like myself with a tan. And I think that when people are unnaturally tan it's unattractive.

• People in Germany used to tell me I look like a ghost and should go tan (which I never will due to skin cancer etc.), but now I moved to Japan and they worship white skin. Lucky! xD

I think as long as your skin is healthy, you should look fine with whatever colour. Darker skin is also beautiful is natural, or if you naturally tan easily in the summer (when you're that type), but fake tan AND fake paleness (hello, Twilight -___-) are a turn-off in my eyes.

• I love my pale skin! I think it makes me much more unique :) I think naturally tan skin is really, really pretty too :)

• I personalty don't pay attention to how tan or untan I am, but most of my friends do go to a tanning salons so I guess most girls don't.

• Um lets see I think I look thiner when my skin is tan so I have been tanning for a very long time but am trying to stop because I know how bad it is for me.

• I'm extremely white right now, I don't mind it. I know in 20 years I'm gonna be a milf because my skin won't be all leathery like the girls who "must" go tanning.

• Yes I like the classy english look, I've never tanned myself , girls who tan get lizard skin within 10 years and make themselves look like wrinkly lizards

• I get picked on my by 3 tan siblings for not inheriting an once of skin pigment by comparison.

I "tanned" about 3-4 shades two summers back and have a bracelet line on my wrist to prove I was actually paler. I don't like burning so easily, but I think I look better just off-ghost white. It suits me well. :)

• i personally think that you can look good no matter what your skin colour is. I think that pale skin looks WAY better than those stupid orange spray tans that people feel the need to get. I only have a very light tan and I don't wish to be the brown that causes skin cancer and one of my best friends has very light skin and she's absolutely gorgeous!

• personally I love any kind of light./pale skin. I have it and I am loving it...Most girls I know though that have light skin they like getting tan. It kind of depends on where you live and what people like there you know?

• I LOVE it! :D

• I have pale skin and sometimes I don't like that much. But most of the time I tell myself tanning is bad for my health and a waste of my time. I'm just going to accept it and tell the people who say I should get a tan to go to hell see if I'm there.

• i don't go to tanning salons but I do tan because I hate having really pain skin. when I get pale during the winter I just look sick and tired so I like having a really good tan better

• i have a medium natural tan in the spring and summer from being outdoors a lot, but when fall and winter come it disappears. I personally like my skin with a little color than when it is so pale.

• I like being pale because my skin will age better.

• I like pale skin, for no apparent reason, but all my friends like tanned skin. I suppose it's about what's popular right now, like when Twilight came out all the girls wanted pale skin. =D

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 1

• I hope they don't, pale skin is cute.