Why such a low rating

Last year, in order to boost my already LOW self-esteem I posted a picture on the website hotornot.com

I got a lot of 8's but also a lot of 1's? As a result, after 16 votes my average score was like a 5 or something. Feeling bitter and discouraged, I took my picture down.

Very few people are so ugly that they deserve a 1. I'm skinny, dark hair, dark eyes. I have been told by men and women that I am a handsome dude.

Was it because I kept my shirt and pants on or something?!

Most Helpful Girl

• well, I think it might have something to do with you just being skinny. not that its wrong or anything! but were in a day and time of if your buff, your hot (blah! XP) since (by what you said) your probably not that buff. so, girls won't look at you that way. your probably totally hot and nice and everything but that's still not buff. sorry. girls have to be anorexic to get stares and guys have to be buff. I don't like it but I get no say. don't put too much into what people say on a that website. don't degrade yourself by putting up a pic of yourself in only boxers (or less... >.<) just be you and trust me, someone will notice you. they always do. don't turn into a pod person! (the same as everyone else)

What Girls Said 7

• People have different preferences.

And on that site, people probably don't put too much thought into their votes. I definitely wouldn't rely upon that to boost my self-esteem.

• Yeah, people have their preferences, but in order to truly get a 1, people almost have to try to be ugly. Very few people are a ONE and it's their own fault.

• Like I said, people probably don't put too much thought into their votes on that site, so getting a 1 is pretty meaningless.

• Hunnn, it's not up to other people.. especially people on the internet. They can be the cruelest, because they don't know you, why would they car how they make you feel, you know?

But anyway, if anyone, it's up to you! And I know it's hard to tell yourself you're handsome, and good looking sometimes, especially when it feels like the whole world is turning their head to yours.. but trust me I can gauruntee you're an amazing guy.

You also need to remember/ realize, it's who you are on the inside, not the outside, so don't let anyone put you down, because you're your own person, no one elses, lol. And if anyone has a problem with that, or how you look.. SCREW UM! It's their loss, and their obviously not the kind of people you want as friends, lol.

Hope I helped.. :D

• sometimes you don't know if they are being genuine or they are just jealous? that's the problem with those rating sites is that you never know if you truly being evaluated in a genuine sense or it could be some guy pretending to be a girl and he's just jealous. whatever. for me, I know I'm hot so I ignore those who try to say I'm not

• You have to remember that peopple are judging you based on a photo. Some people will be interested and some people just wont. Why? Because your arnt they're 'type'. Be glad you got some 8's but not everyone out there will judge you the same.

• Don't put your picture up to be judged by an already fat, lazy, and sometimes hot public when your self esteem is already low !

• I don't think the ratings on that site are very accurate. Screw 'em.

• If you don't look like a certain type you're gonna get a low rating. Usually the girls and guys that get the very high ratings have that manufactured, party douchebag look. Sorry just being honest. If you took your clothes off you probably would get a higher rating. Also there are some people who go to those sites and just give everyone a bad rating just to be mean. Don't get your self esteem down because of a silly website.

What Guys Said 3

• Lol. I know exactly what your problem is. You need to leave your picture up for awhile. Don't get discouraged after 16 votes. A lot of people voting on there are just girls or guys who have their own pictures up and need to vote on other people pictures to get ratings on their own. It's a lot more efficient to just move your mouse over the 1 and keep clicking on every picture rapidly.

Trust me, if you left it up there for longer you would have seen your rating go up. Once you have a couple hundred ratings, then the people who just click 1 on everyone don't affect your rating as much.

• Some people have nothing better to do with themselves except rate others down, on that site, or any other. It may have not have had a thing to do with you, so, don't worry about it. Sure, it's a confidence booster, alright, but if you have people telling you that you're handsome, take it and run with it. Any compliment is better than none at all. Don't feel discouraged in the slightest! You've gotten complimented on your looks, I get very few and far between to none. Be proud!

• It annoys me when people purposely do things to get attention or compliments, I myself would be quite an asshole and just go to a site like that and give everyone a rating of 1, or zero if available. Maybe the assholes like myself were out in large groups that night on hotornot.com? I see no value in the fished for compliment, the unexpected ones are the only fulfilling ones in my opinion.