Do you visit the hair salon to dye/colour your hair Or do you DIY?

If you DIY, how do you even out the colour on your hair?

postmediaprovince.files.wordpress.com/.../...e.jpg

• Visit Hair Salon
  • DIY

Most Helpful Girl

• When I decided to color my hair for the first time, I went to the hairdresser.
    1. I didn't know what would look best on me, so I needed some advice
    2. I didn't know how to do it myself, and I don't want a bad result
    3. I needed a haircut anyway.

After that one first time, I do it myself. At the hairdresser's it's literally 10 times more expensive than buying a bottle and doing it in your own bathroom.

Why do you ask, kanga? Do you want to dye your hair?

• Because my friend is hesitant about diy.. I told her it save money and try at least once to do it herself.

• yeah that's true. best way is to ask a friend to do it for you.

I just do it like I'm shampooing my hair. I think if I apply enough pressure, I could squeeze the color through the individual strands of hair and get an even result. I hope lol

• thanks kanga!

What Guys Said 4

• During my highschool years I either bleached my own hair or there'd be a get together to dye/bleach our hairs LOL

• i want to dye my hair purple or red sometime. i guess i'd go to a hair salon when the time comes

• For me it's simple: one hair dresser visit per 2 months and no colour required... my hair cut is short and straight up. I get greasy hair when it's longer so before it reaches 1 inch (2.5 cm) I need a haircut!

• DIY... It's so easy to do it. No need to waste a lot of money by something you can do on your own.. I used to have highlights on my hair :P

• but if you DIY u are even to colour hair on ur back of the head, then it won't be even out. no?

• how do you even out the hair dye? because it is hard to colour hair at the back

• Oh... Yeah true it's hard but I don't do the back of my head. Only the top of my head..

What Girls Said 10

• well:) at times at the hairdressers it's wonderful. other times... biggest flippin waste of money. so when i go. i literally talk to them for like 5-10 minutes explaining what i want and just subtly hinting at the idea that IT'S NOT WHAT U THINK LOOKS BEST!!! -.-

anyway, i find that DIY is also a lot more fun and once I'm stuck on the right colour I'm good to go:)

• I always do it on my own since I don't trust hairdressers due to an unfortunate event.
    www.netlawinc.com/.../...ne-has-a-bad-hair-day.jpg

• I just go visit the hair salon. My last one was DIY though. I used a hair dye shampoo. :D

• When I wanted dark blonde hair, I went to the hairdresser, because my sister bought DIY bottles and got ORANGE hair instead xD

• I do my own. But with a good dye. It looks really natural

• I haven't had my hair cut or colored in years. I've been doing it since I was in highschool

• i did both during my blonde decade

• Neither, I have never dyed my hair.

• I always go to my hair guy, he'd kill me if I did myself or let anyone else do it.

• I think it is funny doing myself, but sometimes it is nice to go to a stylist :)