How often do you buy yourself something to lift your mood when you are feeling down?

It could mean pampering yourself or buying yourself something to bring you out of your low mood. For me since my moods are all over the place because I am moody as frigg. I'd say a few times a month for me. It is never once a week, every other week, every two weeks, etc.

I love beauty products, hair products, clothes, pampering myself of course.

Most Helpful Girl

• oh yea definitely. i love to shop to make myself feel better or just to feel good in general. i get a thrill from spending money and getting new things. makeup, clothes (anything from dresses and shirts to victoria's secret lingerie), getting my nails done, going out to eat, buying starbucks even though i have my own coffee at home. there's a chance i have a problem... but i always pay my credit card on time so as far as i'm concerned it's not a problem yet! haha

• thanks for validating my shopaholicism with MHO! ;)

• Np I feel ya girl. I have the same issue. I go manic when I am down though. I am sad then I am happy when I spend!! It gets me out of my low mood.

What Guys Said 6

• Almost never, I'm the kind of person that hates to spend money when its not necessary or I don't actually need something. Plus I was raised to know the value of a dollar and was raised in a poor household so I've grown up knowing what money should and should not be used for. And spending money just to make yourself feel better is not a worthwhile purchase.

• I wish I could think like that. I was raised poor but I have poor impulse control.

• Well I've been working since I was 12 years old so its kind of been drilled into me.

• I don't need to buy anything to raise my mood. Playing a game, looking at my family pictures, going for a walk all do good for my mood.

• For me, watching a funny movie or video online is my go-to "uplifting move". :-P

• Well i have bought video games when i was down before. not very often but i have done it. it did give me a boost of enthusiasm. :p

• Well, if you got the money...

• If I did it whenever I was miserable I'd be fucking broke! Once every few months I might buy something for myself, I don't have much money spare because life's a bitch when you're on your own. Soldier on.

What Girls Said 12

• this doesn't work with me. i tried it before but i end up more upset because of the money i spent lol.
    when I'm down i like to be alone, preferably somewhere outside. walking my dog usually helps a bit.

• Whenever I see "FREE SHIPPING AND RETURNS" and "__% off on CLEARANCE" in the same email lol
    So, once every few months.

• I don't buy beauty products or anything to lift my mood. I don't like spending money and I don't want to feel better through beauty.

• almost everyday. when i see cute designs, colours, patterns i snap them up and buy 2 or 3 of the same item depending on how much i like it, how rare it is and the pricetag.

cute outfits, handbags, jewelry, accessories, dolls, my melody, stationary and trinkets to adorn my room with.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMIPlZVCQAAT_kF.jpg

• I suffer from the Moody Judy blues often lol. I would be flat broke if I brought something every time I got in a funk. But I do like to treat myself to little things here and there. Like a new book or nail polish. I'm not a big shopper (hate shopping) but I'm like obsessed with buying new undies so I'll do that too.

• I used to go out everyday and eat out everyday but now I eat out once or twice a month.

• Not very often. When I'm upset, I usually go for long walks, listen to music, or write. It helps calm my nerves and clear my head.

• Rarely. Saving money makes me some bit happier as well lol. Usually I do things to brighten my mood.

• The only time I bought something to feel better was when I bought a 20 gallon fish tank and some fish to calm me after a break up.

• I shop a lot but I also sell my clothes a lot. So yeah I buy myself things at Keats once a month

• Every Friday)

• After a really tough project ends at work or if I'm just having a crappy day. Maybe once a month or evey few months i'll spurge on somwthing