He just can't do it...

There is this guy I see around school who is really cute. We've made eye contact quite a few times, but never spoken. The only problem is, he won't look at me/make eye contact with me unless he is seriously at LEAST 20 feet away! If he and I are any closer he will NOT look at me or hardly even in my direction! What is with this? How am I ever supposed to talk to him, etc. if he won't even look at me?

Thanks for your responses guys...I forgot to mention that he almost always has headphones in! Should I tap him on the arm or something lol? but that could turn out weird!

Most Helpful Girl

• he's probably just shy. don't wait for him to talk to you. go over and say hi!

What Guys Said 2

• I'm very shy and this would be something that I would do. Personally, I like when girls smile and wave at me every time they see me. Gives me enough confidence to talk to the girl. If that doesn't work, go up and talk to him.

• haha sounds a bit like me to be honest... probably just initiate conversation with him and first few times may be a bit awkward if he's shy, but when he gets more comfortable then the conversation will flow a bit smoother. If he's really really shy like I am, then you'll probably still have to say hello first for a couple more times before he'll start greeting you first. It's sort of like you're showing it's ok for him to approach you and talk to you.

What Girls Said 2

• i was in the same situateion for the past two weeks lol untill last thursday he was walking beside me and I just said hay so what's your name to my surprise he giggled smiled real hard then said his name and now its easier for us to talk to each other think about it its almost 2010 its time for the girls to step up and ask a guy out instead of the old fashion way!

• im in the same exact dilema