Do White men mind a Christian woman wearing a hijab everyday?

I'm Christian and WILL NEVER convert to Muslim. As I am beginning to read my Bible more I discovered that God wants women to wear a hijab,(head covering), and I want to begin wearing one, but my husband, who's white, says it's embarrassing to be seen with me in a hijab--hence why we are seperated-- so, please tell me guys...

• yes I should obey God & wear a hijab everyday & everywhere
  • No, only Muslim women can wear a hijab everyday and everywhere.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think hijabs are a waste of time, considering that can be said of all massive cults, even if it has many followers..

That, and from a social perspective, in the western world, imagine a guy wearing a pink skirt.

img.shopsafe.com.au/.../...iesonline_com_au_sm.jpg

That's what it looks like if you're wearing a hijab in the Western world.

I voted B).

• I expected more input on this particular response of mine, I think the comparison is valid. XD

What Guys Said 7

• I try very hard to be open minded about religions and the many differences among cultures. It is only my opinion mind you but I believe that the Old Testament spoke of women covering their head , but I in my opinion once again do not feel that covering the head is really mentioned in the New Testament. I don't know if this helps you

• Be careful how you interpret these things. There no absolute requirement of this in scripture. Its the same as the argument over circumcision.

• Although technically, you can take off your clothes any time you want. But you don't regrow your foreskin overnight.

• I understand. I am referring to the cultural aspect. Such as Paul saying you do not have to be circumcised to be Christian.

• If they have stunning eyes, I don't care :P
    womenshijab.com/.../...-grey-color-Silky-Hijab.jpg

• She's beautiful!

• The make up really kills the purpose of the hijab lol.. I think it's hypocrytical when girls wear hijab but put a ton of make up on. Or wear tight clothing with their headscarf. Because hijab is about more than just covering your hair.

• If you live in the south they probably aren't going to like that. Just my guess.

• go back to the cave you came from

• She asks a question and 5 hours later deactivates her account! hahahaha

• That is not going to sit well.

What Girls Said 12

• Christians are no longer under the Law. The bible clearly states that Jesus cancelled that out through his sacrifice. So wearing a head covering would be very outdated, not to mention unnecessary. Of course you have the right to do what you want, I'm not trying to stop you, just bringing that to your attention.

• That's not a requirement for Christian women but if you actually want to wear one, I don't see why that would be a problem. Some people may not like it but it's your body, you can wear what you like for whatever reason you want.

• You separated because of hijabs? That does not sound right in the slightest., is it possible that you wear a head covering in church only?

• You actually don't need to wear a hijab. You can wear scarves in many other ways. Although, I do wear one occasionally and head wraps. www.google.com/search

• Soooo... you're willing to lose your husband over a head covering? Uh, perhaps you need to re-evaluate things.

I mean, on the other hand he shouldn't let this get in the way of your marriage. In the state of today's society, I don't think wearing a hijab will go over well. People will judge, fear, and deny you of rights you take for granted every day.

If you are ready to forfeit everything for a hijab knock yourself out.

• Just date a man who let's you be yourself. Whether he's Christian, Muslim, Buddhist. Who cared, just be with some who lets you be who you want to be

• Muslim doesn't mean not white. White people can be Muslim.

• I'm a Christian, and never heard of that.

But speaking of your husband, if he thinks he'll be embarrassed by you, why didn't you get rid of him already.

• I heard that having hair counts as a covering but if u want to wear one u can I don't see anything wrong with that

• Where what you want. Guys opinion doesn't matter. You can find a good man who will respect your beliefs, and love you wearing one.

• maybe your interpreting the bible wrong

• Please enlighten me where in the bible is this written?