11 piercings.. a tattoo. Is that too much?!

I know there's people who find piercings, tattoos, and so on attractive and unique. Then there's people who aren't very fond of them. So I'm just curious.. Who likes them? Who doesn't? And how many is too many? I eleven piercings and one tattoo.

Two facial piercings, lip and nose. Eight ear piercings, and my belly button is pierced. Is that a bit out there or unique? I myself enjoy my piercings and I will leave them in! I'm just curious about other people's thoughts :D

46

Most Helpful Guy

• I like tattoo's so long as they can be covered up with ether a long sleeve shirt or other articles of clothing; nothing on the neck or face. I've personally got a rather large tattoo running along the side of my torso. Also I'm not a fan of "colorful" tattoo art. I like blacks and browns but that’s just a personal preference.

Piercing I can be a little fussy about. I like belly button piercing and ears are fine, in moderation, but I don't like facial piercing.

MY opinion, not yours.

Cheers.

• Yeah, It took me quite some time to figure out what I wanted and where. My tattoo is on my shoulder, it's a butterfly with it's wings shut, and it makes a K the the rest of it has "elsey" So it looks like Kelsey, which is my name. lol My butterfly is s blue, purple, and green, fading into each other and the outline and lettering is black.

• You wouldn't see it unless you open up your figures. I don't personally like tattoos on arms, necks, faces, legs, ankles, or wrists. I'm picky.

• It appears so. I've also thought about getting something on my lower back, but I don't like common things. I like being different from everyone else. So therefor, I don't have a star on me, some design going up ribcage, or anything on my lower back. I'm picky about mine too, but not as picky, I think a lot about what it would be like in the future to have a tattoo in a certain place with certain colors.. etc. So it takes me quite some time to figure it out.

What Guys Said 5

• For the people that like them I don't think there's a such thing as too many. but for the people that don't it's a bit much. it's like a distraction from the real person when you're covered in decorations. The people that don't dabble in body art will always be a little weirded out unless they're the closet types who really want to but are too timid to try it themselves.

• Personally I don't like them. To us "tattoo haters" it only makes you look trashy, with no class whatsoever. Same goes with piercings.

• thats to many to me, I don't mined like a lip piercing or a nose piercing but not normaly both and 8 ear piercings?

• Haha yeah, I havee four on both ears. And My lip and nose are on opposite sides of eachother.

• I have 8 piercings and 4 tattoos myself so no I don't think it's too many.

• Haha that's awesome (: Where are all your piercings at?

• Nipples, lobes, tongue, snake bites and left helix. I don't wear all my facial piercing at the same time though. if I have my bites in then ill leave my ear piercings out and vice versa.

• omg... OMG NO! OMG OMG!, plz plz people with ink patches on ur bodies and "unique piercings" please don't let my eyes land on u, excuse me, but that just will gross out normal people from a distance, this can never make you popular, especially if it was too much it just makes you scary, unapproachable at all by artists, academics, soft people, sensitive people, business people, children, parents with children, athletes, doctors... and it makes you look like you are always a member of some scary gang, I don't know who finds that attractive, I apologize for my creepy opinion but really that's what most of people think out there, best wishes in spite of all

• Define a "normal" person?

• Unless you consider 'normal' people to be people who judge every book by its cover and don't bother to try reading any that don't match all the others on the shelf, I beg to differ.

I have PLENTY of friends, young and old. They're athletes, they're creative, and all are intelligent. Most of them look nothing like me. One is a 56-year-old teacher. Children love me, and I've only met one parent who didn't like me. Even my friend's conservative lawyer parents adore me as if I were their own.

• Because they've known you enough, and because they are your friends, but I was talking about how people are going to approach you and what instant thoughts they're going to have about you if you had many piercings and insane tattoos in crazy places, it just doesn't give the impression about yourself that you'd want everyone new you meet to get about you.

What Girls Said 4

• HAHAHAHA

Well...ears really don't count...

But..not, your piercings are not 'out there' at all...

They're the usual amount I'd say. :)

Yep, I'm a huge supporter of piercings and tattoos. Although I maintain the opinion that guys look better with more tattoos, while girls would look trashy, and when piercings are concerned, anyone can have as many as they want...but just don't go overboard! Haha

There's such a thing as too much...unfortunately... xD

• I agree, females covered in tattoos is unattractive, and I feel that it's okay to have many piercings, as long as you still make yourself approachable, if that makes sense. I feel like piercings and what not show who I am, the wild outgoing side of me. I love the ones I have and rather people think they're too much or not, I'm fine with them (: lol

• And that's the way it should be!

^_~

• I don't know if there is a specific number, but when it starts to look distracting it's probably too much. But whatever you like just go for it, don't let other people's opinions sway you. Personally I think that is too much but if you like it I love it.

• Hell no! Hehe

I only have like...8 piercings and 12 tattoos..

But being strategically placed can make them super sexy =) But I work in the body mod. world so..I'm biased...:P haha

• I love tattoo's and all on girls. there never to many tattoo's but can be to many piercings. I think after 10 on the face that's to many but if there placed all over the body its good =]