Guys (& gals too I guess): would you be ok with your teenage daughter wearing a thong?

Question, especially for young men: would you be ok with your teen daughter wearing a thong? And at what age would you be alright with it as long as she's living under your roof?

My friend admits that he loves thongs on women but would die if he found out his daughter was wearing them. Is that a little hypocritical?

I wrote a myTake on wearing thongs & the insinuations behind them, if you care to read: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a7844-wearing-thongs-promiscuous-or-practical

So I decided to follow-up with a question.

Women can offer their opinion too, I was particularly wondering what the dudes thought.

• Absolutely not, nada, zip.
  • At a certain age is acceptable, but I'd prefer she not.
  • Once she's at an appropriate age, I don't care.
  • She can wear them whenever she wants.

Most Helpful Guy

• In a perfect world I'd say never since I'd always be looking out for my little girl but since it's a part of life I'll say at least 17... although I feel even then I'm better off not knowing about such things. :/

What Guys Said 18

• Oh God, I'd so totally prefer not to know a single thing about her undergarments.

I imagine that I'd let my wife pull rank on this one, with me backing whatever she deems appropriate. Beyond that, I just wouldn't want to know. At all. LMAO

• I would probably ask my wife to talk to my daughter about that. They are both women so they have more similarities and better understanding about that stuff. Plus, I would probably feel too uncomfortable talking to my daughter about that.

• U know what? I'll let her mom handle this situation.

This is in the same ballpark as talking about periods in my opinion.

• What dad wants to hear about his daughter wearing a thong?

I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing.. ewwww

• I'm not sure I really care, as long as she's not taking her pants off?

Would it be worse or better if she went commando?

• I don't do laundry. I couldn't describe what a single pair of my kid's underwear looks like. I don't care what they wear.

• no prob, who am i to judge?

• THIS. WILL. NOT. HAPPEN. TO. ME.

thememesfactory.com/.../...84302_1635001151_n1.jpg

• HELL NO. She got to be 18 and out of my house I'm not going to have her wear any type of lacey underwear.

• It's fine in my opinion as it's underwear, people will only see it properly if she shows them which I'd hope she'd have more class than to do often.

• to me things are slutty good luck convincing me otherwise xD i don´t want my teen age doughter to be slutty (same goes, fora teen age son)

• that kind of stuff would probably be between her and her mother, i dont think id even wanna know.

• Probably ill leave that judgement to my wife lol. I mean it would probably be awkward for me :P

• I'll never see it.

• Well I don't want to think about it tbh

• So long as she keeps th fuckin thing on id be fine with it.

• I wear them and so does my wife. Once my doughter wants to she can as well.

• Depends on her MO

What Girls Said 13

• i wouldn't say that was hypocritical, he wouldn't want something he deems to be sexy and skimpy on his daughter who he isn't attracted to and would want to protect from the wrong types of guys if she wore it showing over her jeans giving people the wrong idea. y

• you only want to see something sexy on someone you aren't related to and are attracted to otherwise its uncomfortable, embarassing and disturbing in some cases lol

• I thought it was because men are protective of their daughters from the idea of getting taken advantage of sexually.

• thats part of what im saying

• I don't know why, but this kinda reminds me of that one episode in George Lopez where Carmen was asking George to pick out the date when she loses her virginity! Lmao. I don't think fathers are interested at all what goes on in their daughters underwear :x

If it were my daughter, I'd prefer if she didn't. I don't even wear thongs. I find them so damn uncomfortable. I need full coverage. But maybe past like 15, I'd allow it. Particularly for panty lines. I know that's embarassing so I'd let her wear thongs to prevent that.

• I've been wearing them since I was about 15, every single day, for comfort and my mum was there when I bought the first ones. She bought me more for Christmas too. I would let my teenage daughter wear them at 15/16 for comfort. When she's 16, if she wants to wear them to feel sexy, then I would let her. Thongs are always related to slutty promiscuous women and they shouldn't! Sometimes it's all women can wear and they like them more than big underwear. They also show no lines when you wear leggings. I feel like a 14 year old wearing normal underwear. There's nothing wrong or bad about them!

• She can wear them whenever. If I say no shell just buy it herself (I did). At least this way I can help her fine ones that can help avoid yeast infections and things. It's like sex, just because you dot get her birth control doesn't mean she won't have sex, at least this way I'm informed and can make sure she's safe. I'd rather be a talked parent who knows what's going on that a strict parent whose completely in the dark

• I think any Dad would be disturbed to know his little girl is wearing a thong but at a certain age it should be okay as girls don't want underwear lines. I say 16 and it may seem biased because I am 16 but I do logically think it is a good age.

• I hope that she would have enough respect for herself to not wanna walk around with such a horrible wedgie lol

• If I had one - NO!

• Depends on how mature and smart she is. If she acts like a whore, wants to dress provocative, have no common sense and dignity, and doesn't think about the consequences of her actions. Then she would not be allowed to have any of that kind of clothes, at all. But if she is the opposite, then I don't mind her wearing for example a thong - as long as she is not under the age of 15.

• At a certain age, I'd be okay with it or if she needed it for a dress for a special event. It's not something I'd exactly encourage though.

• Lol what is your obsession with thongs? It's just underwear.

• Damn, chill. My boyfriend confronted me about wearing "too many thongs" & I'm trying to convey to him exactly what you said-just underwear.

• I wouldn't mind! It's just underwear.

• my parents would kill me if i wore thongs!!!

• No way! If she doesn't like underwear she doesn't have to wear it but no thongs. What a pointless little piece of material.