Does your hairstyle really matter to deem you as attractive?

I noticed when I parted my hair differently (to the left side as oppose to the middle) people started saying I look much better. I don't notice a difference, but how would something like parting your hair make you look more attractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• It all boils down to personal preference, but yes changing your hairstyle can make you look better or worse. I try to change my look a lot, not necessarily looking for "better" but different. I have noticed people looking at me differently throughout my different looks and it keeps me on edge and always has me realizing how much appearance can affect your life.
    If you have bad posture, try standing up straight for a week and see how you feel!

• I never really change my hairstyle, all my life I have been told long hair makes me look beautiful. Parting my hair was the biggest change I pretty much done in my entire life. I might just go ahead and change up my hairstyle a bit more.

• Change is nice, and always do it because you want to not for others :)

What Guys Said 3

• Hairstyle is the way to show people your personality
    without ever talking/meeting them in person.

To me, my hair means a lot. ^.^

• Great way to explain it :)

• i think style in general can do a lot. the base has to be good though :D as for just parting the hair differently, i´d need to see examples to tell if makes a noticable difference.

• It actually does. Shaping your face is imperative.

• I guess shaping your face does show much better than having the wrong hairstyle

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, definitely. A hairstyle can seriously make or break how attractive you look. And parting does matter, too. I don't look right with my hair parted down the middle, at all. I haven't worn a part down the middle in years and don't plan on ever doing so again.

I can count on one hand how many people I know who can still manage to look beautiful even with screwed up hair. A very rare gift that most people don't have.

• yes. apart from the fact that depending on your face and proportions you will look better with certain hairstyles, but the different hairstyles that you look good with them can effect the groups of people who get attracted to you when you change them. and even the colour changes that.

hearing from a girl who changes hairstyle and colour every once in a while.

• I definitely notice a difference in myself based on my hairstyle, so I'm going to say that it does.

• yes hair is very important sometimes we underestimate the hair and that's what makes us look beautiful too

• I guess I underestimated how hair makes us look as a person in general...

• Speaking as a woman who doesn't have any hair, I'd just like to say that women without hair can also look beautiful. When you don't have hair, you realise that it actually is a lot less important to beauty than, say, good eyebrow shaping or contouring.

• Yes, many people look beautiful without hair. My aunt did when she went through chemotherapy and I'm sure many others do as well :)