Why is he talking to me now?! (Not that it's a bad thing!)

So I went to high school with this guy and that's pretty much all I can say about it -- I knew his name and his face. I really can not think of a single conversation I had with the guy. He was always really popular, me not so much. We go to the same college and the first time I seen him, he acknowledged me a little bit. I really expected him to walk on by like he didn't even notice me, like he did all 4 years of high school. The second time I seen him, he waved and so on and so forth BUT TODAY! He seen me coming, held the door open for me, waved to me, and then asked how I was doing! I was very surprised, this guy who never even glanced at me now being so friendly! I mean, once people separate from their "clicks" are they really that different? Next time I should probably be a little more friend myself instead of just looking shocked that he's talking to me, huh?

What Guys Said 1

• he might think that you're attractive and recently got over his shyness. Even really confident guys can be shy around a girl they really like. He probably want to get to know you better first, though.

• True but he has a girlfriend, for sure. And today when I seen him, when stopped to hold the door open for me, he was walking with another girl. I guess maybe he's just a nice guy...!

What Girls Said 1

• Because in high school there are politics and hierarchy issues. Especially if he was really popular and you weren't, he probably would have got clowned by his friends for talking to someone who wasn't in his group. Now that high school is over, the popularity contest doesn't matter anymore and people are more secure. Just talk to him, he's just a regular person with insecurities like everyone else. He ain't special!