Have you ever dyed your hair a different color?

I am thinking about dying mine for the first time... Share your experiences!

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• Not me. But that's just me. A lot of girls dye their hair throughout their lives and you are likely to be added to the list. Just think twice about all the things involved.

What Girls Said 16

• You mean unnatural? I've dyed that shit purple and pink. I was a stupid teenager.
    (Deep inside, I still want to dye it blue as well)

• I am a natural light blonde, but I have dyed my hair brown for about 2 years now. I have green eyes, so I think darker hair brings them out more.

I think it's good idea to go to the salon the first time-because the hair dresser helps you choose a shade that matches your skin tone and eyes. After she/he dyes your hair, ask what company and colour they used. From then on, you can just do it yourself.

I also suggest that if you are going from brunette to blonde, it can really damage your hair-so try going slightly lighter bit by bit. Don't just bleach the shit out of it the first time XD

I suggest the Aveda "color conserve" shampoo and conditioner, so the dye will last a lot longer in your hair.

• I never done that. But I already know that I can't dye my hair because the only color that suits me is my natural color.

• Make sure you choose a colour which really suits your complexion. I am quite a pale person and I have dyed my hair plenty of colours. I have gone ginger, which I really liked. I did that in the summer and it was really good because my freckles came out as well. I have dyed it red, which also works well with my pale face. I have dyed it a dark brown, my friends said I really suited it but I wasn't too keen on it myself. I have also dyed it a deep purple, which worked quite well.

I would recommend however to not bleach your hair. It literally kills your hair, making it dry and limp. Never do that! That is one regret I have.

• I've had red, burgundy, black, carmel, dark brown, blonde, strawberry blonde, etc I love changing my hair color mostly it's black but my natural color is strawberry blonde. the only problem I've ever had is with bleach and it's because it destroys you hair if not done properly so if your going for a lighter shade goto a salon.

• I would like to but my skin tone isn't compatible with most hair colors. Black is the safest color for me.

• sane color, just much darker. unfortunetly, I hadn't known at tge time that castile soaps wash out dyes... so, yea avoid that afterwords.

• I've been blond, I've been black, I've been red, I've been light brown, I've been red AND brown, I've been blond AND brown, and I'm naturally brunette.

They were all nice, but I look best with either black, brown or red hair.

• yeah, I've dyed my ends a few different colors. blue, pink, purple, teal, like 2x each hahah. i dyed my whole head for the first time last summer. it's a cherry red color. i'm currently in the process of trying to get it back to blonde. eek xD

• Never but I really want to just to see how it would turn out.

• I used to dye my hair red and my natural hair color is brown and blonde but I've dyed my hair a dark brown

• Every time I try to dye my hair light brown it turns orange :(
    So I just dye it black. :)

• Never dyed my hair :/ but I want too the problem is I have sucky thin damaged hair so im scared it will get worse... Crazy how my hair is virgin but still unhealthy idky

• Go for it just be comfortable with the color you choose. I've colored my hair every color of the rainbow.

• I've been dying my hair since I was 12 so I've done every single color possible except full blonde and I think I look better with back or desk hair

• Yep, pink, purple, blue, green and black, not all at the same time, obviously; and my natural hair colour's dark brown. I have always dyed my hair at home and had no problems at all.