Youngsters these days want to look older than their age? Do you agree?

I was at some bank, this morning, and this thing happened...

In front of me there was a young guy, and i thought he would be around 25 judging by his looks. Once he mentioned his DOB, when they asked him, i was really shocked!!! He was just 18!! Same thing happens when i walk on by, some high-school, where people there are in their late teens. Yet both guys and girls, look around my age judging by their looks.

I find it really surprising. Why do they want to look older and other people pass them as 23-25 yo?

Guys tend to cut their hair short, and grow facial hair, and girls wear tons of make-up. But... why? I see no point in that... it's not a compliment when someone pass you older than your actual age!

Most Helpful Girl

• I know, I don't get it either. I love it when people mistake me for younger than I actually am. I would rather be mistaken for younger than for older.

What Girls Said 6

• I believe that to teens, it's a compliment pass you older than your age because that way we feel more mature. We can't wait to grow up and pass these 'sweet' ages because we want to be independent and stuff. Although, I don't really think teens try to look older, they just want to look as good as it gets. Personally, my skin is so not clear so I use make up to kinda cover it up (not like a clown though-foundation, blush, eyebrow mascara and a lip balm) but people still think I'm arround 14-15. It's weird.

• I really want to look older, but I don't like wearing too much makeup, and I like dressing weirdly. D:

• I knoow... its annoying. 15 year olds look way older than how i used to look when i was their age. They even look older than me and im always mistaken by looking 3 years younger.

• yes they want to be seen as adult.
    then people my age, try very hard to look younger
    funny people...

• We try to look older, old people try to look younger. That's the way it is.

• No sir I'm in no hurry to become old, I wanna stay 17 forever!!!

What Guys Said 3

• From where I live it is because young people want to look older so that they could go into clubs and pubs... Buy alcohol and cigarettes in shops... I know because I was also young just few years ago lol.

• It's true. Especially girls. They can be 14 but look like they are 18

• I think I wanted to be one of them. -__-
    I look too young for my age.