Do guys really care about how a girl looks??

I've been wondering do guys really care about how a girl looks as far looks? Because I don't think I've ever seen a guy dump a girl because her shoes looked tacky xD Most Girls I know including myself fret over this so much, they'll spend 2 hours straightening their hair and 30 minutes doing make up just to get a guys attention.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look hun, I've dated models and "plain jane", I've dated erotic dancers and a waffle house waitress. I've dated or slept with women that made everybody jealous, including the girls I know, and I've slept with and gone out with some women that most people wouldn't even take the time to give her the time on the wall. Looks are the very first thing on a person anybody sees, unless they are blind, (not trying to be rude or offensive), so it's part of the first impression. What a man sees is an immediate sensory stimulation and he makes an almost immediate decision based upon his sight. With being said, a guys sight often deceives him, though he will not immediately know this due to your confidence level. If you are an extremely confident girl and not overbearing with it, ie, pushy, bitchy or rude, he will see a little more of the inside and not notice the looks as much. I would much rather be with an intelligent and confident "plain jane" than a model type that has no self esteem. What I'm getting at is this. Looks are great, and great for sex because a man is so much more visually stimulated than women but, for me at least, I go out with a girl for what's on the inside more than anything. Remember this "LOOKS FADE WITH TIME, YOUR SOUL IS CONSTANT"

Hope this give you a little help.

What Guys Said 4

• Let's put it this way. The "good guys" think about self confidence. If you think your hot. Hell yea, put the makeup on, straighten your hair. Do it all. My girl does her hair and make up everyday...she don't have to but wow she is hot. The "man whores" they don't care...give me ass is there motto. So my answer, keep making yourself look good...the guys like something to look at.

• amazing but just do what you feel makes you feel better after that don't get jealous of prettier girls and ur fine. I noticed girls glare each otehr down o.o its amazing because I don't give a shet. Just be you and stay confident :)

• 2 hours?

wow

:P

• No, most wouldn't dump a girl because of their shoes. I think as long as you don't look like a slob, you'll be fine.

What Girls Said 3

• They won't exactly notice the shoes or that the hair was straightened for 1 hour instead of 2, but they definitely put value on a girl's appearance. They can't pick out the details all that well, but they all want to have a hot girlfriend that turns them on physically.

If your issue is what I think it is this might be useful. Trying to look good is definitely worth some effort. Guys do notice that and will be more attracted to a girl who is well put-together. However doing this in the shortest amount of time and spending the smallest amount of money is also good.

• Appearance does matter to some degree, so you do want to be presentable, but you can get a guy's attention without being excessive or obsessive about it. Two hours on hair and 30 minutes on makeup is a bit much.

• I think it matters a little to most people but you don't have to be perfect all the time, that's sorta boring