P is for petite?

In women's clothing sizes what is the difference between regular and petite? For example what is the difference between size 12 and 12P?

Most Helpful Girl

• petite cloths are shorter then normal clothes because petite girls are short and tiny, and most clothes are to long on them. if you're petite you don't have to wear these, you can chose to just wear normal clothes. that's what i do, sometimes, im 4'9 and weigh about 126 my waist is super wide, so i when i wear normal clothes the legs are super long and.

• let me clarify, the legs of my pants are super long.

What Girls Said 5

• The difference is that P (petite) is for shorter women. Like I think petite is 5'3" or less. Us short girls can't wear regular clothing, haha.

• I have never heard of those sizes before.

I'm petite and my sizes are 0-2
    Or XS-S

Do you live in Europe or something? The clothing sizes differ from place to place

• Petite actually measn short not small. People use it wrong. They use it asif it just means tiny. It could involve being Thin but Technically it means short.

12 petite is size 12 -which is not small- on a short person.

• The proportions are smaller. The size of the sleeves, the length, and the width of the torso

• Petite clothes are shorter than regular clothes.

What Guys Said 0