What do girls think of beards?

Would it be something sexy? Manly?

• yes definitely
  • not so sure
I think the feminists are the ones hating the beard because it a subconscious way to tell them that gendersare no5 equals in physical aspect. If they could grow beards they would.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 103

• Lmao at your update about feminists and hating beards.

I'm a feminist. I am in favor of the bearded man. Well kept, of course. Don't want to go battle through a forest to kiss him :p

Facial hair in general is a plus for me. My boyfriend can't grow a beard due to sport obligations but he grows out his sideburns to the point where he may as well just grow out his beard too. :P

Lol fuzzy. Fuzzy is a desirable characteristic in a man.

• it depends on the guy and the amount of hair s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...49bf4ecb11.jpg

• I am commenting in hopes a GaG admin or whatever will see this... The percentages in the poll aren't right and can be misleading... Should be fixed... Oh and asker i.telegraph.co.uk/.../...gyllenhaal-1_2707245b.jpg fashion.ekstrax.com/.../beard.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/XfwoF.jpg they are just really sexy.

• Goatee is sexy, a little controlled scruff is hot. Duck Dynasty is just gross

• I like them. Very manly. I'm glad they've come back in style

• I love beard but not too long like someone on here I don't remember his username but I saw him a lot on here, he looks good but his beard is too long for my liking. And I don't like stubbly one, causes redness aeound my nose and lips when I kiss the man lol

• Well I think your update is very untrue and irrational... but yeah I like beards! I didn't always but they've grown on me for sure! But not all beards some are patchy, don't suit the face structure, etc. But they guys that can rock beards rock the hell out of them!

I mean these are artsy fartsy but also pretty cool:

www.independent.ie/.../...gnjj6st1skvtzlo1_500.jpg
    s1.r29static.com/.../image.jpg

• It's great until a certain length. Sometimes when a guy has short stubble and you kiss it can irritate your skin. That being said I don't like overly long facial hair. I think growing it about half an inch is perfect. Not too much, not too little. And it's still comfortable to kiss :)

• Does it look like @rthomas43 's beard? Then manly/sexy.

Does it look like Keanu's patchy, hideous beard
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../...s-shows-off-his-beard.jpg ? Then not manly/sexy.

.. well still kinda manly cause beard, but not sexy.

• I picked b. Im not a fan of facial hair... my dad has a mustache and its like, why? Sure it looks manly and if u r a guy that looks really young a beard could add a few years. Im more into stubble/5 oclock shadow than a full beard. Beards almost seem too grown up I think. Whereas the stubble is very sexy... lol

• Um... You must have a weird idea about what feminists are, because I am one, and I love beards so much I can't even tell you how much. I hate when my boyfriend shaves, it's like his face is naked and it just looks so much better with hair on it lol. Then again, I'm a country girl who grew up with lumberjack looking men, so it's just normal to me I guess.

• B
    but I'm very sure...

NO WAY JOSE!!!

• I'm not a feminist and I hate beards. some people just don't like the way they look

• They are only acceptable if you're going to audition for "Lord of the Rings." Otherwise I like a stubble or a clean shaven look.

• Personally not into facial hair. A little morning shadow isn't unattractive, though.

• In my school, they go crazy over 12 graders cause they have a beard and stuff.. I don't know.. that's kinda weird. Its actually cool but well not that long..

• I don't think beards can be considered "cool" haha aren't you in like 10th grade though, so guys in your grade probably have beards as well.

• Dont blame me.. lol its "good" im not saying its bad or anything.. haha.. oh come on dont judge me im weird xD

• If they are not long and scraggly, then yes, beards are good. Especially if they are paired with good hipster fashion and a smart nerdy guy. 😊

• I don't like beards, ever. They obscure facial features that could otherwise be attractive. When I see a guy with a huge beard, I wonder what he's trying to hide. Strangely, the guy I like has a hipster beard. But he still looks better without it.

• Everything about a beard to me is sexy but I like my men to be manly and a beard is one if the best ways to display that definitely makes my head turn

• A beard like Dan Bilzerian's could be quite sexy, but no bigger than that! It depends on a man's facial features. If he has a baby face (Cristiano Ronaldo look), I wouldn't recommend it.

• Yes I like facial hair on men. But I don't want him to have like a Santa Claus or Duck Dynasty beard lol Just a nice short beard that's trimmed. He needs to keep it groomed.

• Major turn on when it's well taken care of, but if it's all bad like hairs everywhere then no big time turn off lol but to me beards should be for guys on there mid 20s or so

• I think it depends on if you can pull off a beard, if you can pull it off it is definitely sexy! Very manly!

• 2|0
  • I actually hate them

• It honestly depends on the beard and the guy and how large the beard is... but I'm usually not a fan.

Now 5 o' clock shadows that's my thing.

• Hey, I'm a feminist. Love guys with beards. But not, like, 'Gandalf beards.' Kissing shouldn't be too much of a challenge.

• It depends on the guy. Some guys look absolutely sexy with beards, while others don't.
    It also depends on how is his beard.

• For me, not really. If they have a really short one it's okay but other than that... ugh. I don't think it determines how manly a guy is.

• More from Girls
    73

What Guys Said 16

• just wondering... why girls like beards?

don't they sting when you kiss your guy?

• 76 vs. 65
    Still an unsolved mystery :/

• Grew it out because she liked it. Don't plan to ever let it get long, though.
    http://i.imgur.com/b82eW.gif

• i think a lot of women like it, it's something manly, but i think it also strikes as intimidating. research shows men are more intimidated by guys with bears then clean shaven, i think the same thing counds for women, i like growing bears myself but sometimes i get the feeling women are disgusted by bears

• I don't think this is always true a rugged man might feel intimidated by a clean shaven man in a nice suit- a professional with the charisma, looks, and women left and right...

• They definitely like mine.

• For me facial hair is the equivalent of being itchy. Too long an I can't stop scratching myself and if I shave too close I get ingrown hair that leads to more scratching plus possibly some temporary scar tissue on my face. On a purely practical point of view stubble is by far the most comfortable.

• My face won't let me grow one. XD

• lol put a pic up of yourslef and not zyzz

• Sees "alpha: in username. OP u aware?

• I WANT A FUCKING BEARD

• I have a nice beard and I am proud of it. Please, look behind the walls :)

• they dont
    answermien

• The question is based on a misunderstanding of how women actually think... if you're a hot, attractive dude and you're sporting a beard, then suddenly she loves beards... if you're kind of nerdy looking or have socially low status and you're sporting a beard, then suddenly beards will be dorky to her.

FTR, I don't like beards, never had one, don't think I'll ever have one.. I'm not a fan of hair anywhere except a little on top of the head.

• Fuck it. What is up with people nowadays. There's a reason why men grow beards and women dont. It separates both genders. Women not liking big ass muscles and a beard. DAFAQ? I dont mean giant ass muscles i mean that they are well toned and nice. I would a grow a beard but trim it to keep it short and good looking. Clean shaven just means that your pussy enough to listen to a women's ways just cause "some" dont like it. I say fuck it! and grow a nice ass beard and fucking look manly. Cause that's ur GENDER.

• And keep that damn moustache short MOTHERFUCKAAAAAA.

• Beards are to man what a mane is to a male lion!!!

• @asker EXACTLY without that "mane" your a fucking woman. But hey its ur choice go ahead if you wanna shave it or not.

• Zyzz did u call the undertaker from WEE to pull u from ur grave?

• Yuck. It's a harvest for mouldy food