Wavy, frizzy, ugly, and uncontrollable hair?

I have wavy hair but its the ugly type of wavy, it's very frizzy as well. I don't want my hair to be burned so I don't want to straighten it everyday and also do not want a perm. Any ideas on how I can keep it looking healthy and cute without using heat? Products? Home remedies? Simple styles?

Most Helpful Girl

• Ooh, ooh! I have the same problem. My hair is wavy, but pretty if it is not totally frizzy. I have had to learn some tricks. Don't wash it everyday and don't brush when wet. Comb your hair when it is wet. What I do is I comb it when wet and then I either braid it or put it into a high pony tail, twist it, and bun it (Do this when it is almost dry with only a tiny bit of dampness. If it is wet, it won't work) Sometimes I comb in leave in conditioner for curls before I do that. That is how to prep for the next day if you shower at night. If you shower in the morning, comb your hair, put in leave in conditioner for curls or some other product for curls and scrunch it up. Let it dry naturally or diffuse. I also recommend buying shampoo and conditioner for wavy and curly hair. Then, you can just comb it when wet and let it dry and it usually helps your hair be curlier or wavier. I hope I helped!
    *Reminder, unless you are putting it in a bun or something, don't brush when dry. It will just ruin the curl you have.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• It seems that your hair is dry. Put on a hydrating conditioner or mask. Also you can put some hair wax on the stray hairs to not be frizzy. you can curl your hair with hot rollers or you can roll it into rugs overnight to be curly or wavy the next day. If you're interested I 'll give you the YouTube links

• mine is the same, too out of control to leave natural but don't want to make it even worse by damaging it with heat! mine goes to around my hips so i braid it in 2 when its damp and spray hair oil on it and in the morning its smooth and just a little wavy, its the best i can do haha

• I have wavy hair like that too... I'm not recommending this, but this is what I do. I never brush my hair when it's wet and I always let it air dry, so it kinda looks beachy. Sometimes I'm lazy and I don't comb my hair the entire day and it looks fine (to me). When I ask people, they can't tell that I didn't comb my hair.

• You can straighten it once a week. Use low heat.