Guys what do you prefer? A girl that wears make-up or a girl that doesn't?

So make-up or natural?

And why?

Most Helpful Guy

• As little makeup as possible but enough that your skin looks even and healthy. Also unless you live on the street lipstick isn't that needed. Most girls have cute pink lips and deep red lips look like trash.

You do what you like but I think for most guys makeup goes way to far.

It's true that the more makeup a guy can detect the uglier he will think you are if you are working that hard to hide it even if it isn't true.

What Guys Said 25

• I hate to be the jerk again, but makeup makes girls look better in a great variety of ways, like it makes the skin look healthier and draws attention to the eyes which alone already makes a huge difference. Sure you can say it's fake and lying and whatever but it's just a fact that people like attractive people and if you hate makeup and refuse to use it, that's your choice, but also your cross to bear.

• Well am sorry some girls might need it so there skin looks healthy but other don't need it..Anyways if a guy likes a girl he's gonna like her how she is not how makeup makes her look.

• I've heard this "If he doesn't like (insert subject of insecurity here) about me then he doesn't deserve me" -philosophy before, and personally consider it a very dangerous delusion that tends to lead people to perpetual and bitter loneliness. Life is a competition, not a fairy-tale, and you can close your eyes and plug your ears but the race is still on outside the bubble.

• I agree to a very high extent. Sure a lot of guys here say they prefer the all natural look, but what if a girl's 'all natural' look includes a very pimply face or something that is not meant to be seen. Like cold sores for example (some people don't need an STD to get them). Would you really want to see that? Then you people will start complaining about the icky stuff on our faces. tsk.

• Natural baby. I like to wake up in the morning and see my girl look the worst she thinks she is. Cos I know she knows that we both know that I think she's the most beautiful girl in the world. I don't mine a bit of gloss on the lips and a bit of eyeshadow too. It can't hurt. But makeup is for parties and events, not when I'm together with her.

• Natural. Makeup is fake. It might make you feel better about yourself, which is awesome, but I could really take it or leave it.

• well I would go for one without make-up.

who will want a gal who has half a dozen cosmetic things applied to her face.well that also looks cheap sometimes.

NATURAL is in babes and fake is long gone.

• When makeup is done right it should look natural. If it's obvious you're wearing makeup, then yes, that's unattractive.

• I prefer simplicity and decent looks .. whether its with makeup or without it ... person should look totally natural .. which adds beauty itself ..

because that's how I like it , like a face telling I've done makeup is like a face telling I am not what I am or something , just doesn't feel so right to me anyways , lol , So without make up is good ..

a little maskara and gloss over lips is okay and good ..

• little or no makeup. I would HATE to be dating one of those girls who looks like a damn hooker with excesive eye liner and a bunch of make up and yh just everything, its suuch a waste. A little lip gloss and maybe some stuff on your cheeks is complety ok, even nothing typically works, I mean makeup is just something to wear in the event you don't feel you are naturally pretty enough and if your trying to impress people and I say f*** the bullsh*t, just be yourself and don't tell yourself your not pretty enough cause then it just makes you easilly manipulated and pllus makeup is soooooo bad for you in the long run and you'll look twice your age by the time your 30, just learn to love yourself and reading books helps a lot because with undersatnding comes confidence

• ALL natural...the absolute only way

• if I say wear make-up you might probably put all the make-up on

so just put a decent amount, also natural isn't bad either

• I only prefer the natural looks on a girl. Only the thing is that she should dress decently.

• no make up, or very little, because one, it shows they aren't fake, if they wear make up, I'm not saying ALL girls that wear make up, wear it for this reason, but I know many that do, they wear it because they try to be something they arent, they put up fronts (emotionally) to be a different person so to speak, and aren't comfortable or happy with themselves, like I said, that's not all girls, just some, and no make up or very little ussualy means they are more than likely themselves all the time

• I think a girl is very pretty if her skin is naturally radiant and so she doesn't need any make up. But a little is fine too I guess. Just don't over-do it

• A little goes a long way.

Au naturel shows true natural beauty in a woman =)

aaaand nobody likes a cakeface. tbh, I find it Extremely unattractive. If you need that much makeup to hide ur insecurities (or whatver it is ur hiding, bringing to attention) she is definitely not worth my time.

• No make up at all, I would like to see her for who she is, not a plastic face that she putts on every time I see her. So no make-up is my choice. Butt if she was uncomfortable not wearing make-up I wouldn't want to force her into not wearing any also.

• I would prefer little to no makeup, but that's not possible in my opinion. I would be really turned off if a girl is literally plastered with makeup though.

• You don't think it's possible for a girl to wear little to no makeup?

• Def prefer a girl that wears make up, esp a good lipstick / gloss. Quite frankly it turns me on much more when a woman presents herself this way.

• All depends if the girl can pull it off, should add acouple links and then we can take a poll on it.

• natural, just because...I mean idc if they wear make-up either way is fine.

• it doesn't matter to me, but I can understand when dressing up for something important, but not to go to the store, I prefer natural, cause beauty is a birth gift, not bought at wal mart

• make up that is applied sparingly.

• Only make up that smooths and brings out a natural skin tone, but still keep it minimal.

To answer your question, natural =)

• If she has big boobs, then I won't notice if she is wearing any makeup.

• Natural, maybe a soft touch of makeup sometimes..more than that makes me think I have to pay after the date lol

• I prefer the natural look, but I don't mind if she chooses to wear makeup.

• Some girls are so beautiful, if not hot, they don't need make-up. The girl I love wears make-up just for her job in sales. To me she doesn't need make-up.

What Girls Said 14

• If you apply makeup correctly, it should look natural. I think guys just don't like it when you cake it on.

• i wear makeup everyday if I have the time. if a guys not digging my makeup then he's not digging my style so we're just not compatible! a lot of guys say they don't like it but, I hate to sound conceited, but I've never had problems with getting guys, so imo most guys just don't like the idea of makeup or makeup done badly.

• I'm inclined to think guys who have said that natural is best are just imagining girls who already look gorgeous without makeup.

• Amen sista! the truth is...guys can't even tell the difference when a girl is wearing make up or not, just because a girl is NATURAL doesn't mean she didn't use concealer to cover up a spot here and there, or some light mascara to bring out the lashes, or a natural face powder to bring out a healthy glow...i refuse to believe that you can walk out of your house without doing absolutely NOTHING to your face, we all do something here and there and why not...thats like saying guys can walk out the house without shaving or wearing cologne to be 'natural' lol!

• I wear a tad of eye-liner and mascara to highlight my eyes in the daytime - more if it's for a party/club.

I realised the skin and lip stuff is not necessary unless you have awful skin.

I would like to go out with no make-up but I've worn mascara all my life and it would feel strange for me to go to work without it. I don't consider myself insecure, perhaps this shows I am, but I think you would find many women who felt the same.

• Make-up should be used to accent your already beautiful features, and should NOT be applied 9 pounds at a time. A LITTLE BIT of eyeliner or mascara is okay, maybe a little lip gloss, but don't use it unless it's necessary. Using it to take care of acne is understandable, though.

• just make it look like you arent' wearing any..as look as it LOOKS natural, they are happy. usually I find they like eye liner too

• Eye liner doesn't look natural though.

• Yeah but it emphasizes the eyes and brings attention to it. And A little eyeliner wether natural or not can help show what you already have. Flaunt it!

• Yep, I've noticed that guys particularly like eyeliner.

Just as long as you don't resemble a raccoon or panda.

• if I can be bothered.. I'll put a little on to bring out my cheek bones and eyes..i hardly wear make up. its really just for clubbing (and its still simple then) or going out for special occasions.. I usually stick with eyeliner, mascara, foundation and tinted lip balm. :) too much make up clogs the pores on my face and I don't like that feeling. its really gross. obviously don't cake it on.. that's just a waste of make up! lol

• I as a girl do wear make up and I don't f***ing care-it's so much work to impress guys

• a little helps a lot. The difference (at least to me) between right after I wake up and after applying a little natural bas under the eyes and mascara (I'm blonde and my lashes are litterly inexsisant without it) The girls who put a little effort into their make-up, tend to also present better in clothing, etc thatn those who say "I don't care" etc.

• the only thing I wear is tinted sunscreen and a little bit of shimmery chapstick and mascara once in a while... it looks so much better then my friends who cake on the eye liner eye shadow concealer and blush. also I keep my eyebrows groomed but not freakishly thin like so girls. I think I look pretty lol :)

• For me I never wore a lot of makeup, so now I normally go natural with a good moisturizure to make my skin tone even instead of red and blotchy :).

• i wear foundation, and it makes it look like I have no make up on. so I get told that I have natural beauty alot. and sometimes I wear mascara, depending on my mood.(:

• I use make up and try to make it look very nature, very light.

• If your features aren't the best or your skin isn't good then make sure you wear makeup no matter what.

Most guys prefer the natural look or they think the smokey eye/nude-plain lip is sexiest. That's what I read in a magazine anyway, I think it was Cosmo.

When they say they prefer someone who doesn't wear makeup they usually mean girls who are naturally beautiful with amazing skin who don't need it, or the natural look (looks like you're not wearing any when you are).

But really just do what you wanna do. I used to wear makeup (not the natural look, think more girlie/scene style) more often and guys would tell me they like it because it means I take care of myself. If he thinks you're attractive they'll like what you do regardless.

• it's easier when I'm around a girl and their NOT wearing make up, because they don't mess with it all the time. and they aren't so concerned about their looks.