FOR GUYS: In your opinion, what kind of fragrances are most attractive on girls?

If you like girls that wear perfumes or scented lotions, what kind of scents do you find most attractive? This is an odd question, but I've wondered about it for a long time.

• Fruity Scents (citrus, berry, peach, etc).
  • Floral Scents (vanilla, sweet pea, rose/lavender, etc).
  • Other (please explain).
I would appreciate if girls would stop voting on this. It was meant for guys, hence "FOR GUYS." Thanks a bunch.
Sorry to the girls! I didn't think of making an "I'm a girl who wants to see the results" option! Just pick "Other" if you're a girl, unless you've heard opinions from guys you'd wish to share. Comments & answers are welcome from everyone. Thank you all!
Does anyone know how to remove a poll from the site? I already have the info I needed, and this is the only question of mine I'm getting any comments or votes on. : (

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, this is an interesting one... In short, I prefer none. Or, more precisely, your own pheromone. Your body *does* make its own natural pheromone scent that changes with your monthly cycle. There's a particularly noticeable scent certain women have: it's the same scent. It's not a perfume. Your own body makes it at certain times, and it makes my head spin around faster than anything.

Here's the interesting question: if a woman makes this scent naturally during ovulation, if they're on birth control, does their body make this scent anymore? I don't know. It's worthy of more exploration.

• I was watching Oprah(lol), and there was a segment on womens ovulations scents. Anways they still have the scent but it is not as strong.

What Guys Said 19

• I honestly don't think the average guy gives a crap. If the girl is into us and she doesn't smell like garbage...we're good to go!. I have never in my life considered the scent on a girl unless it was unpleasant. Doesn't even enter my mind. If you were to wear a special smell or something for me...i wouldn't even notice.

• I always figure that if I can smell you, you need to bathe. I don't like a girl that smells.

• I don't think you understood the question... I wasn't saying anything about clean vs. dirty, I was just wondering what kinds of smells guys prefer on women, as far as shampoo, perfume or scented lotions.

• I think you did not understand my answer. I do not enjoy being around a person I can smell. It is just my preference that she wear no perfume and bathe often enough that I don't smell her. My view on this probably developed from riding the bus as a child with a girl who did not bathe and tried to cover the oder with mega doses of perfume. I have never cared for any perfume since then.

• Oh, I see. I understand, and I've also known a person like that before. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

• I went with OTHER.

Anything not 'super sweet' is the best way to answer. There are some that are so sickly sweet smelling it's a 'dear god, go wash than I'll buy you a drink'. (well, not these days because I'm rather attached to the better half, but you get the point).

• I chose "Other (please explain)."

I don't get many opportunities to scratch-and-sniff different scents on different girls with knowledge of whether they are fruit or floral. I could take a guess ... and it'd likely be floral ... but I wouldn't know. Are those even the only 2 options?

• Those are pretty much the only kinds of scents out there, or at least it covers the majority.

• I prefer not suffocating. Just smelling clean is fine with me.

• I LOVE smells! I have a very sensitive sense of smell, and therefore the scent a girl wears is very much a part of the way I remember her. I voted for fruity, but I do enjoy some florals as well. To me, fruity smells are more fun and envigorating, while florals are calm and sexy. However, some floral smells can be too floral and smell like grandmas; especially rose. Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherry Blossom is a good example of a light and sweet (and enjoyable) floral smell. But if a girl were to be wondering what to wear when going out with me, I'd hope she'd err on the side of something sweet and fruity.

Good question! This was fun to answer!

• Good, I'm glad it was fun for you to answer! And I appreciate your answer! I completely agree about how floral scents can smell like grandmas. Haha.

• Not to go all scientific on you but all cologne and perfume has a different smell on different people. It's your body oil that changes the scent - it's hard to say.

Huge fan of Acqua Di Gio, bought it for my wife a few months ago, she's used it every day since.

• I can't really excplain it but I liek stuff that's like "spicy"? Basically sents that really infiltrate the nostrils.

• My girlfriend wears Coco, Chanel and oh my god it is the scent I associate with love and sexual arousal merged into one. It's my favourite smell in the whole world. It's so clean smelling and feminine.

• I think it kinda depends on your age. Floral Scents are often too strong and remind me more of old ladies. Fruity Scents seem more light and youthful (in my opinion). I dated a chick that wore some Brittany Spears perfume and the Paris Hilton perfume (if there are several not sure which one) and I thought she smelled pretty awesome. Whatever the scent... don't over do it.

BTW I think it's a plus if your hair smells nice also. Either some fruity shampoo or a spray of perfume/body spray. Especially if you're shorter he'll be able to smell it when/if you hug.

• How about a girl who does not have a smell other than clean?

• other

• Well my ex wore sweet pea and loved it, the only fruity one I like is any strawberry scent.

• cucumber melon, dear lord that says it all

• I was actually leaning toward that. It's really refreshing and clean.

• Sweet Pea is actually my favorite to use. :-)

• AGREED lol that's what I use!

• Anything that smells good to you will probably smell good to us. As long as it's not overused, that is.

• I voted for floral, as I feel it is the best among the options you gave. But I'm not sure that I prefer any scent at all, really. Nothing too pungent, I suppose.

• Love iT wHEN girls wear vanilla it m akes you feel like walking on clouds

• fruity smells drive me crazy

• Nothing is fine for me. But maybe anything that DOESN'T have a strong smell.

What Girls Said 11

• I voted other. I've noticed that my boyfriends and guy friends like natural scents. They just like it when a girl smells like soap, shampoo, and fabric softener. Which works for me, because I absolutely cannot wear perfume. It makes me feel kinda gross. Like I'm trying to cover up an unpleasant smell. Even the best smelling perfumes give me a headache after inhaling it for too long. The most I can do is a light body spray or a sweet lotion. I like the fact that if a guy wants to smell me, he has to lean in first. I just bathe and use Victoria's Secret lotion

link

The stuff is great. It makes your skin so soft and it smells great.

• No kidding! My sister uses Love Spell! I like it. I'm also one that doesn't care to use perfume... I have terrible allergies, and it totally messes them up when I wear perfume!

• Haha. I use Pure Seduction. Your sis has got taste :p

I just hate it when you can smell a girl before you even see her, or a long time afterwards. Gross. If a girl is clean, there's no need to smell like a baby hooker. And yes, it wreaks havoc on allergies.

• She used Love Spell at one time, too. And I completely agree with you on all of what you've said. My only problem is that I always have such a high body temperature and I sweat really easily, so I like to have something on just to be covered.

• I picked other because I'm a girl and I wanted to see the results. lolz.

and I really like wearing vanilla.

for some reason I've been stuck to that smell.

bath and body works has a vanilla coconut lotion and body wash collection... usually I just wash with the body wash and it leaves a nice light vanilla/coconut smell... nothing too strong, and very clean smelling.

• From what I have heard from dating experts, men tend to just like a woman's pheromones. Don't overdo perfume...just wear something light and natural if anything (like lavender, rose, vanilla, etc.)... but its not really required. =)

• Maybe we wouldn't vote on this if you would make one of the choices: "I'm a girl and I want to see poll results"

• I'm sorry. I didn't think of it.

• in my experience and apparently this is a well known fact that the majority of men are attracted to vanilla scent. although I've also heard that they are attracted too the scent of grapefruit. it's also supposed to make a girls hair and skin look more youthful when she uses products made from grapefruit extracts.

• I've heard that too (about the grapefruit.)

• I'm not really sure what guys like on girls, but I wear Delicious Night by DKNY, and I've gotten compliments on it :]

It's sorta both fruity and floral, but has an underlying spiciness to it. Whatever it is anyways, it smells good I think.

• i reported my question as spam. they took it off ASAP

• Oh well. You could type it again if you wanted.

• Lavender and cinamon

• Floral scents are great!

• I like vanilla.

• I think girls just want to see the poll results.

When you look at your poll table, just work out your percentage for the guys.

• Yeah, as sweet17 said, I should have put "I'm a girl and want to see the results" option. But I didn't think of it. Sorry about that!