Is it normal for Indian girls to wear bikinis?

Iv got a friend from India who I invited to my pool lik a month ago an she was stressin bout wot to wear I was lik wel a bikini? an she was sayin her dad wudnt lik it or somethin. is it cultural there? xxx

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really unless they live in the USA or some Beach town

What Guys Said 9

• Yeah culture and religion play an important role in this, I've had many muslim girls as collegues over the year and they would cover their head until inside the building.
    Having been borne in Belgium they were no longer wanting to cover up, but knew that if your family would see them not doing it they could face serious consequences.
    We would harly smile when we saw a girl topless on the beach but many people would run away!

• Maybe her family culture is really conservative, and feels wearing a bikini is "showing too much skin"

• why not? everyone can wear bikinis no matter their ethnicity ;-)

• Yeah, girls here are not such adventure the stupid culture has made thema kitchen cows but thanks to Western culture few of them are now gearing up and becoming bold.

• Yea... Well, kind of. Well, it really depends on if she's westernized or not. I know Indian girls who have grown up here and they wear bikinis. A few are traditional though and they probably wouldn't (But they're a dying breed, thank god!). It might just be a preference rather than culture, who knows.

This is probably something you should ask her. Only she can give you an accurate answer.

• yeah she is right its not a part of that culture and they are not comfortable in coming public in that exposing cloths

• They are gorgeous I love brown skin

• Yes that is very cultural in India they don't do that.

• Yeah their culture doesn't permit that...
    But if you give your friend some bucks she can wear bikinis.. More bucks may compel her to appear nude in front of all. :D

What Girls Said 5

• Probably more of a modesty issue than necessarily cultural. I'm not Indian but my family doesn't find bikinis appropriate, either. They cover as much skin as your typical bra and underwear set. I wouldn't feel comfortable going out in my bra and underwear, so it just makes sense that I would feel equally uncomfortable going out in a bikini.

• It is more about what they feel comfortable in. And some people do have a problem with skin show. I am Indian and I wear bikini, but most of my friends (indians) don't. In india, girls are supossed to be fully covered. In older days, women were not even allowed to show their faces to stranger men

• Her father could be conservative or religious.

• Indians girls tend to be more conservative

• In the same way middle east, African n Indian subcontinent people calling the western society nude n shameless society not free society. So, opinion vary from people to people n region to region