Guys: dress vs. jeans on a date?

would you rather a girl wear a dress or jeans and a nice shirt on a date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Where are you going? If he is taking you out for a hotdog and a ballgame, sure jeans would be fine. If you showed up in a dress and heels, I would suggest doing something a little nicer unless that is what you were comfortable wearing (and I would consider myself VERY lucky)

If I say, hey, I am going to fly in and I would like to take you out for a nice dinner (that means a real restaurant not a chain such as Chilli's or J. Alexander) and you showed up in jeans... it would not make points with me.

What Guys Said 10

• Forgive the uncultured swine who don't know what different types of dresses there are besides formal gowns. A sundress is your best bet for a first date, it is cute, fashionable, casual, and feminine. A casual dress that accentuates your femininity is always the best. Jeans are just distasteful on women, in my personal opinion.

-Count D.

• It's entirely based on the venue of the date. Now if a guy knows anything about women, he will clue the woman in so she won't A: over think what she should wear and go crazy, or B: over dress for the occasion.

• Depends on the date.

Usually, if I pick the location of the date, the girl asks me "How should I dress?"

And I let her know.

• If the first date is something casual (coffee/drinks...) then I would recommend wearing jeans. I think most guys would wear jeans too so you'll be on the same level.

• Definitely wear jeans. A dress if for very formal. You are just getting to know a guy. Jeans

• depends on the date. Most of the time jeans and a nice shirt will do but if you are doing something like going to a 5 star restaurant, a dress would probably be the best option,

• I prefer a girl wear jeans for casual, if its romantic wear a dress. (silky of coarse, and maybe red or blue because those colors stand out, even to the color blind)

• just to make it so that theirs no generalization (as shown through the other three guys) I will go with dresses...not only because I wanted to break it up...but because...i myself like them...im not a huge "jeans on girls" guy...i mean yeah once in a while its fine...but it shouldnt be all the time

• Depends on the date of course. I think it can be hot if a girl wears a stylish, informal dress on a casual date, just because it is more unique than jeans and it shows she is making an effort.

• i hate dresses

just jeans

What Girls Said 0