Am I delusional with the way I look?

I think I maybe a bit delusional in the way I look. When I look in the mirror im happy with the way I look. I feel I look handsome don't get me wrong I'm no Brad Pitt, but I'm happy with my face structure etc.
However, when I see photos of myself, I'm literally appalled by the way I look. I think I look hideous and so disappointed by the way I look it gets me really down. My face looks so fat and round and the complexion is rubbish. I feel an idiot to think I could be good looking after I see myself in photos.
Is anyone else like this, which one is a truer reflection on yourself? I look COMPLETELY different from the way I see myself in the mirror to a photo of me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep, this is exactly me. The mirror is the truth, the camera is a liar. My stepmother looks completely different - to the point she looks like a different woman - in photos. I look somewhat different, but everyone does.

If possible, I take videos and say stupid things and send those to people instead of pictures because that's more of an accurate way for people to determine how I look.

Try different lighting in your photos; I take most of mine in the daylight by a window. Some lighting will cast dark shadows over your face and make you look different.

What Girls Said 2

• I look better in the mirror too. But according to an article I read a long time ago, only people actually see the real you; both the mirror and camera lie. If someone tells you you look great, you probably do, even though the way you took your picture implies that you don't. You're probably not delusional at all but don't let the pictures bother you so much. Just work on finding which angles/lighting work for you

• The real image is altered by the viewer though. There is no true form of viewing an image.

• That's true too but they're better able to tell than yourself

• Don't blame yourself for the way you look in pictures. Blame the camera, cameras are evil little gadgets that adds pounds on you if it doesn't like your posture or it's angle or the lighting. You just have to find the right posture, angle and lighting to satisfy that camera, or posture if others are taking the picture and you might not so diferent. Cameras are evil things, always remember that.

What Guys Said 4

• You're probably making awkward facial expressions. I usually like how I look in a mirror better as well. It can be tough capturing a moment that the picture taker is happy with.

• You're only delusional, if you don't find
    yourself good looking.

We should always love ourselves
    even if we, as humans aren't perfect
    a state of "near-perfect, can be achieved. ^.^

• that's funny, I'm like exactly the same way. When i look in the mirror in the morning, i like what i see. But i find myself to be completely unattractive in most photos. Not sure why... but i like to think that the mirror version of me is what most people see :p

• I look good in the mirror, and in most photos, although some photos are of me in a sombre state.