What age to wear a bra?

What age should a girl start to wear a bra? I've heard of some girls who are 6 or 7 wearing one when they've still been pretty much flat chested. Is that too young?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're supposed to wear bras when you get boobs, and even then you start off with training bras until they grow big enough to fit into a cup size. Some girls do start wearing bras earlier than they need to for aesthetic reasons (they want to seem cooler, older, hotter). I do feel that 6 and 7 is way to young, because their boobs aren't even beginning to come in yet. Breasts only start to develop around puberty, with the earliest age being 8 and the oldest being 13.
    Some girls do try wearing them before they need to though, just to seem cooler, prettier, and older. I had a few friends back in grade 3 who thought they were the shit because they owned a bra. I even thought they were cooler, but now that I look back, they just looked ridiculous because their bras were way too big for their chest lmao.

What Girls Said 10

• It depends when a girl starts growing. I don't see a point in making a little girl wear something she may not need for another 6 years.

• I was 11 when I started wearing one. They were padded like a ton haha When puberty happens foe the little girl is when she should wear one. The exact age depends and not all girls bloom early or quickly

• It has less to do with age and more to do with where the girl is in terms of puberty. But to be honest, there's no harm in letting your daughter wear a bra earlier than it's needed if it makes her feel more comfortable.

• Just when you grow boobs. I started wearing a bra when I was 13. Before that I had no boobs and wore top like thingies, because it felt weird changing with other girls all wearing bras.

• I've heard of training bras? Or a sport bra as an alternative.

• I don't think there is a certain age I would say around puberty which is different for every one

• I think I was 11

• When she have what to put in it.

• Girls can start wearing a camisole when they start getting like.. a little bit of growth at like 10-12ish. Then a bra when they're able to fill the smallest size

• Whenever she grows boobs. That's different ages for all girls.

What Guys Said 7

• It varies. Depends on when their chest starts growing and some just start earlier to get comfortable for the future.

• when her boobs grow big i guess

• Ummm 12 I guess why?

• When they start needing them.

• 69 years old when they start sagging

• It depends on her body needs.

• Maybe they're getting used to it for when they'l need it. I don't think it really matters