Do most women wear the wrong bra size?

A saleslady told me that most women wear the wrong bra size. Should I go in for a "fitting?" Anybody else done this and does it make you uncomfortable or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dot I if it's Victoria's Secret, they have great bras but the worst measuring system. But ever women should get fitted, but no reason to go to a store you can do it at home with a tape measurer.
    Step one: either go brakes or wear a canoe or some sort of soft cup bra (this is especially if you have sagging breast but if they're perky there's no need)
    Step two: measure right under your bread on your rib cage (if you have sagging bread this may mean you have to lift them up to get under there). Take the measurement and right it down
    Step three: bend at a 90 degree angle letting all your breast tissue fall forward. Now take measuring tape and wrap it around fullest part of breasts and making sure it's completely straight across you back.
    Step four: now you have two measument your fullest part and your band (rib age) subtract your first measurement from your second. (If it's a negative number switch the numbers)

Now you have your cup size
    1 inch diffrence= a
    2 inches =b
    3 inches = c
    4 inches= D
    And so on.

Now put the measure not of your band before than an you have your bra size, when I did mine I got 28E. No I didn't do anything wrong small band and large bread are normal, large band and small breasts are normal.
    But please try this I work at a bra boutique and most of the women who come in are wearing the wrong size. I'd say 8/10 women are wearing the wrong size. Store will sell you whatever they have on the rack whether it fits or not. Now that I've done that wearing a bra is finally comfortable. Ill give you links on how to make sure it fits properly and how to properly out it on.

• I did that and got a 32 D. So that should be correct then right?

• Most women don't how it a second thought. A lot of time that underarm fat you get from your bra is just breast tissue being shoes back, either one because you didn't pull it forward or your bra is too small. It's like your getting rid of underarm fat and getting bigger boobs all at once!
      When I put my bra on right it's comfy and my boobs look nice and perky, when I won't they look wonky and in constantly adjusting the whole day

• Thanks for MHO

What Guys Said 3

• I've heard this is true, not sure if its an embarrassment thing like an A cup buys B so nobody laughs and the bigger girls get a smaller chest size so people don't think they are fat. Best way is a professional fitting but expect to pay a higher price.

• My girlfriend recently went for a fitting and realized that she all of her bras were too small. After she bought a correctly sized bra, it was so comfortable that I had to force her to take it off and wash it. So yes, you should go in for a fitting!

• Yes, it's a big problem of our society nowadays... It makes me feel a bit depressed

What Girls Said 3

• I honestly wouldn't be surprised since the way most stores tell you to measure is useless. I measure at home since I have a difficult size :/

• Nah it doesn't, they're really professional and friendly.. Sometimes you don't even get your boobs out with them in the room haha.

• That is nice to know.

• Usually they take a tape measure and take our measurements, then either stand in the stall with you and help you 'properly tuck in' to a bra haha, or they keep passing you different bras with them waiting outside the stall :)

• Thanks! Properly "tuck in." LOL!

• yes, because most people go based on stores like vs where they are not specialists in bras. u need to go to a real bra store to get a real understanding