Ladies, when you wear thigh high stocking do you prefer ones that will stay up by themselves or do you wear a garter?

I'm going to a cocktail party next week and plan on wearing a white skater dress. What color hose would look good?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like both stay-ups and ones that require garters. It depends on the length of my skirt/dress. For your white skater dress, I'd go with something in a natural skintone like sheer nude or beige and pair it with some white, or beige heels.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 6

• I like wearing the full stockings. It's easier and you won't have to worry about anything sliding down. Garters are kinda hard to work with and the ones that are supposed to keep themselves up might still fall. And for color, I'd say black for a nice contrast against the white, or white so everything matches.

• id just wear stockings all the way. so much easier.

• I didn't know there were ones that stayed up by themselves. Garters are pretty much a go-to for me, as I HATE hose.

• They need to stay up by themselves, otherwise I'm uncomfortable.

• Stay up by themselves

White dress? Not black then. Something with a pattern would be oretty if your dress is plain

• I prefer just wearing stockings, so much more comfortable.