Anybody had any experience with Nair or a similar product?

With spring not to far away, I must think about shaving around my bikini area. I have waxed and/or shaved. Has anybody had any experience with Nair around the bikini area or a similar product? Does it work, or would you recommend waxing or shaving?

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing works as well as waxing in my experience. If you do it yourself it is very time consuming and it takes a lot of mental prep to continue pulling lol.

Nair is good for a quick fix but is very easy to burn yourself. Definitely redefined the term "fire-crotch" a few Halloweens ago...
    My only other problem with Nair is that it only lasts a few days and ones in a while it will leave a few random hairs behind because they didn't come in contact with the chemical.
    Shaving can be another quick fix alternative when you don't want to take the time to wax but it takes a lot of effort to avoid bumps. My other complaint is it lasts like a day (I freak out as soon as I can feel stubble, I like being perfect) I specifically have a very good 5 blade men's razor that I use specifically for that area that I never use on my legs or anywhere else. The key is also shaving cream and gel specifically to reduce bumps in the bikini area. I also put baby oil on afterward to again, help avoid the bumps.

• Waxing is time consuming. That is the reason that I asked the question.

• Honestly though, nothing comes close to the results of waxing. The chemical removers like Nair cause more issues than they solve. Personally I'd like to get it all lasered off permanently one day.

• You and me both. I vote for the laser.

What Guys Said 2

• One time I put Nair on my arm and burned the hair off. It stung.

I recommend allllll natural!

• I use it down below.. works well. gotta moisture after..

What Girls Said 8

• Do nit use Nair on your sensitive areas, trust me. Shaving is better, waxing too often causes skin damage down there. Oh n between a shave, make sure you invest in a trimmer, so u don't irritate the skin more and cause ingrown hairs. Nair is a horrible product n smells really weird

• Wonder why they would make a product that didn't smell good? I didn't know that.

• Products such as Nair as not reccomended on places such as the vaginal area. The chemicals in them aren't good.

To be honest with you, nothing works best on the vaginal/bikini area better then waxing. If you're not a fan of sugar waxing, try soft wax. That's when you apply a certain wax and let it harden. It'll have a rubbery texture that you then rip off without strips. It lasts up to 3 weeks and I find it to be less painful.

• Yes. I have have been waxing. I may try the soft wax if it isn't as painful. 3 weeks is a good amount of time also.

• Don't do it... it's not made to be used there and can do some serious damage. I'm sure it will. work but is it worth it if you're putting yourself in harm's way?

I think there is a specific Nair or Veet Product that you can actually use there but I've never used it myself. So if you get it make sure it's the one that's made for that area.

• Yeah there actually is a. product made for that area if I were you I'd do a little research to see which is the best one and what other people have to say.

• Nair has never worked for me. I've tried in on my bikini area and my legs and both times the hair didn't come off after the max amount of minutes.

• Wow, it didn't even come off the legs huh?

• It came off a little bit but not very well. I ended up having to shave over the patchy areas that didn't wipe off. Even then, it grew back after just a few days. I was really disappointed because I used it before vacation thinking it wouldn't grow back for a week. Oh well. Maybe you'll have better luck.

• I use it sometimes. It doesn't take as long as they say. I usually do half the suggested time and it works fine for me. Other times I shave. I'm too chicken shit to get waxed.

• I used it and it wasn't really good. It looked so prickly, like when your hair has starts growing back after shaving. It's a quick fix but if you're able to shave/wax, those are even better.

• I to sensitive to use this products

• The sensitive skin one messed up my skin and I got a terrible rash and was discolored after. Googled it and saw others had the same. Didn't happen right away, it was after quite a few uses. It gets rid of hair, but it's scary lol. Definitely recommend shaving or waxing instead.