Why did guys "sag their pants" ?

I've always wondered, why did guys "sag their pants" when it was the style, and is it coming back, I started noticing this at the mall? Just recently

Most Helpful Guy

• Be thankful for it - its another way of ruling out people that are a waste of time to talk to. Its an awful look, uncomfortable, and limits mobility.

Its an extension of the thug look and the counter balance to woman's extreme low cut pants with high thong - it does force men to walk with their legs very parted and forces a swaggered walk - which in and of itself is masculine - I suppose that the guys who go for this look aren't comfortable enough in their own skin(or better fitted clothing) to be "manly"

My 1 cent [that used to worth 2 cents].

What Guys Said 5

• Hahaha.

I used to sag my pants. I don't so much anymore. I did it for comfort. And I never really did it much either. I just hated wearing tighter jeans and such. Then doing somthing active and sweat. Baggy made more airflow. And such. Lol.

I'll stop there for you though. Probably don't want to hear anymore. But

I'd say comfort. For me. But mine never went below the waistband of my boxers. They were just. Big. Lol.

• I could never get this trend. It looks awful on guys!

• Sagging started in the time when gangster rap was big and because a lot of gangster prowess came from inmates rapping naturally it picked up inmates would get raped and because there bums hurt they would sag it became a style because people wanted to become gangster

That answer your question?

• I read it was because inmates are not allowed to wear belts (they can be used as weapons, tools for suicide etc) and it was a gesture by their friends on the outside not to wear belts in solidarity, which led to sagging pants.

• Anaskathia is correct.

• it started as a trend for prison inmates who were asking to get raped I think

i think sagging anywhere below the half-way line is disgusting and retarted

• Blame abercrombie -.-

What Girls Said 8

• Uhm, maybe to make girls wonder if they needed big pants to hold big things? Or maybe they thought that a cute pair of boxers is a waste if you can't show them off to everyone.

• Lol, I'm waiting to see a cute pair of boxers, lol.

• I wanna give wedgies to the boys that do this, lol, no offense guys, it's just a wedgie, lol.

Haha, it's too much!

• That would be hysterical! I've never given anyone a wedgie but it sounds like fun! LOL!

• I don't think it's come back.. actually I think most guys got the hint that it looked extremely gay and stopped doing it. I don't even want to associate with those kinda guys that sag to the extreme because it's just NOT a good look! I understand the waistband of your boxers showing or whatever, but that's not exposing your whole butt for the world to see... there was this kid in my history class today, and he got up and I swear you could see his entire ass because his pants were sagged so low!!

• The style of men sagging their pants came from the ex-convicts who would sag their pants in prison to signal they were already "taken" by another inmate.

• My bad. To signal that they were willing to be "taken" by another inmate.

• I know this isn't really an "answer" but where I live- there was NEVER a break in the pants sagging. It really bothers me! But with sweats, if I'm just throwing them on to drive somewhere or whatever, having them a little low feels good. Sexy maybe. It's the exposed hipbone thing.

• Lol, for girls it's different though, we do lowcut, it doesn't fall past our butt, lol. But I get compliments when it's like my hipbones are showing, I don't think the guys are getting to many comments, compliments when their butt is hanging out, lol.

• Omg totally. Guys have strange butts.

• Because the flesh on their butts are drooping. Ha! I crack myself up.

• Guess guys don't like tight pants the way we do. I've seen this a lot at my school, and I think they could acheive the 'gangster' look by saggin their pants. But mostly though, all the guys would wear pants normally but it would be baggy, not saggy.

• That do to see if we would like att them.

• Sadly. But yes. It has come back