He didn't seem like he cared to carry on a conversation.

alright so I was sitting next to this guy I like on the bus. and he was wearing dress pants a dress shirt and a tie so I asked him why he was wearing those. he answered and I was like oh that's cool. then like minutes later I asked what his name was cause we weren't talking. he turned to me and smiled a big smile too and said his name but he didn't seem like he cared to carry on a conversation. so where does that leave me

Most Helpful Guy

• Um...hitting on him?

I used to strike up conversations on the bus to work with women. The women would be leery at first, but loosened up when it became apparent that I wasn't hitting on them. When they got to know me they'd say, "Oh, that's just Ted."

Is this a regular bus ride, like to work, school? You could strike up a nice friendship.

Or, perhaps he's shy. In this case you'll have to take the initiative. You did that and it's good of you. If he's shy, he'll appreciate it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Well if you didn't get his number/email address/etc., it means absolutely nothing. Forget him & move on to the next hot guy!

• hmm, I think he might have just been trying to be nice, that's all.. if you had to make the effort of forcing on the conversation, I don't think he was interested..