Will women dress how their man wants them to...or will they dress how they want to?

questions in the title

background story: I was talking to my crush...she asked me if I knew the diff. between a skirt and a skort...i said I did and that I prefer skirts...but that I really dc because ill like what she wears no matter what. was I right to say this? or do you think she'll start doing what I like?

point is..u like them for what they already wear...u shouldn't try to change them...just for ur benefits...y else would you be with them then...?

Most Helpful Girl

• I want the man I'm seeing to think I look amazing, so it would be nice if he was specific in saying "i love when you wear those jeans, boots and tee..you look amazing babe"..and then I'd feel good about myself because a) I look good b) my man thinks I look good c) other people probably think I look good to

What Girls Said 7

• I think what you said is totally fine. I think you're reading too much into it though, haha. Some girls DO dress almost entirely for their guy, or guys in general. But if she knows you like something she already likes wearing, she's probably just MORE likely to wear it, because it pleases both of you.

I wear whatever I want regardless. But if someone I'm with likes something I enjoy wearing, all the better. However, it's extremely unlikely that I'd wear something SPECIFICALLY because a guy likes it, if it's not something I care for. I wouldn't change my style for someone.

• Hmm, that's a tough one... I think I would generally keep dressing the way I do, I mean if he's going out with me my style hasn't stopped him from doing so. Love me, love my eclectic clothes. :P But if he said a certain thing looked good on me, I would keep that in mind and try to wear it more often.

But in general I've come to the conclusion that most straight guys don't know much about girls' style, and I dress for, well, myself.

• Ultimately, she will dress to make herself feel attractive. If what you picked out does not make her feel that way, then she will not wear, but if it does, she will. If she asks you to pick out of choices that means she liked the ones already and wants to know which one you think is the best. So, it works out both ways.

• I think you did the right thing by telling her you'll like what she wears no matter what... Any girl is gonna find that really sweet. so good job!

And your update is so cute. :)

• i would LOVE for a man to tell me how to dress..it would save me a LOT of time and I'd probably feel great too knowing I'm impressing him

• Dont you mean a SPECIFIC man

• I want the man I'm seeing to think I look amazing, so it would be nice if he was specific in saying "i love when you wear those jeans, boots and tee..you look amazing babe"..and then I'd feel good about myself because a) I look good b) my man thinks I look good c) other people probably think I look good too

• I wear whatever I want to, but if my man likes something I will wear it for him if I know he really likes it. But if I hate it and he likes it then it's not happening

• Well girls like to please their boyfriend or the guy they like... and it depends on what you ask us to wear. So depending on how much she likes the guy determines what she'll do for him. and sometimes it gives us a way to try new things, like if she had never worn a skirt, she can try wearing skirts and maybe she'll b rly cute in one.

• Basically...be more openminded?

• In a way. but like don't request odd things... don't make her feel uncomfortable.

• Yeah

What Guys Said 3

• My wife wears what she likes.

I like what my wife wears, no need to tell her what to wear. (I don't think she'd obey, anyhow XD))

• I think girls dress more for their friends than they do their guys. That's why they generally wear some crazy things that are said to be "cute" by their friends.

• hey guy,

I thingis that all girl would alwais dress to impress their guy as long as there is a very tight relationship existing between them,so as for the issue of you telling her what to wear,i do not think that is compulsory.

Thanks