Should women fashion become more conservative?

Little is left for the imagination, with as much as possible of the body getting exposed. Could this be counterproductive in making the wearers look fabulous.

Also would it leave the women sometimes feeling uncomfortable wearing reveling clothes?

• I agree more conservative clothing
  • disagree I think its fine the way it is

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, women would certainly be taken more seriously of they did.

You can't have it both ways, ladies.

• Yes. Women, you can't be expected to be treated like a human being with a brain in your skull if your thighs are showing. The moment your thighs or your midriff sees the light of day, you lose all credibility as a respectable human being. You become the town whore and you should expect men to treat you as such.
      If you want to be treated like a person you ought to wear a nuns habit.

Sarcasm.

• Here's a bit of wisdom for you, @been_waiting. If you want success, dress for it. If you want to be treated with respect, dress respectably. If you want to be perceived as and treated like a whore, dress like one.

By the way, this is not a gender thing. A guy who comes to work with his shirt unbuttoned down to his pecs with his chest hair hanging out is not going to be taken seriously either.

This is not rocket science, dear.

NOT sarcasm.

What Girls Said 8

• People should be able to wear whatever the fuck they want without having uppity people trying to police them.

Nobody gives a flying fuck about what is left to someone's imagination. If a girl wants to wear revealing clothing, that's HER CHOICE.
    29.media.tumblr.com/...livhi6uXLd1qi7deco1_500.gif

• Wheres the option for "women should wear what they want" and men should stop trying to dictate what's acceptable for a woman to wear?

• I think anyone should be able to wear anything they want without harrassment.

• You can believe in more conservative clothing and still oppose harrasment.

• Depends on her mood/her intentions of that day/if she is feeling like she's on top of the world, it may come through in what she is wearing.. (For some anyways)

Me personally? My style is preppy. I may have tummy showing (sometimes) maybe my dress length is not up to my knees all the time. Other then that i cover up. Its just my style. Classy and elegant.

• I think women fashion should be both. Let them wear whatever they want, whether it be something sexy and exposing or conservative and mysterious. All styles should be accepted!

• I dress for myself, in what I feel comfortable and good in.

I have no time at all for what others or society try dictating.

• I don't care how other girls dress. I choose to dress conservatively.

• If it bothers you move to a cold climate! No skin showing here lol

What Guys Said 9

• I think guys clothing should become less conservative. You girls are lucking just getting to walk around in spandex all the time.

• How about you choose whatever you want to wear, and let others choose whatever they want to wear?

• It has been shown in contemporary social experiments that women (in particular) who dress conservatively tend to get harassed less often than those who don't. Throughout numerous societies, a conservative form of dress has traditionally been a staple code for both men and women, however, what I also find interesting is that in the societies where there is a minimalist dress code (e. g. tribal communities) harassment is essentially non-existent.

I think the problem with western culture is the sexualisation of 'scant dress' (e. g. yoga pants).

Ultimately, I think we should all either cover everything up or put everything on display.

• Agree with your points apart from the last, that is because humans need clothes to keep warm and comfort, so some minimal clothing is needed.

• no because conservative people are pure evil in my opinion

• Let's hope to fuck not.

• whatever works for them

• No, I disagree. I don't like corsets at all.

• I love the classic style on women. I know that a lot of women would give me thumbs down.

• No, because then women wouldn't be able to complain about being over sexualized, and feminism desperately needs that to remain a thing in order to perpetuate the perception that women are victims. Without that perception feminism has no chance of surviving.