What is the ladies general preference on men's facial hair and hair length?

I have a well trimmed jaw line beard goatee combo thing going and my hair is a bit over my ears but very well cut and combed as well. I have had better luck with girls this way, but at the same time, several girls have told me they prefer short hair and clean faced dudes.

• Longish hair and facial hair
  • Short cropped hair cut and clean faced

Most Helpful Girl

• I love beards with long hair its very sexy

What Girls Said 25

• I'm Asian and in our culture, clean face is the way to go. It's not nearly as common for men to grow facial hair or sideburns.

In the body, it's completely different though. There is MUCH less men in our culture who would wax their chest or underarms.

Penguin6, please do me a favor and answer my question here? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1340567-don-t-understand-this-shy-guy-s-behavior

• I love facial hair. Length of hair depends on the guy. Some guys can get away with long hair and some cannot. Depends on their facial structure as well as their style in general.

• I like we'll maintained facial hair and a haircut that looks good for the individual person (:

• Yeah it depends on the guy really. although I'm not fun of guys having long hair passed their shoulders. but goatees are pretty sexy. so as long as you don't food in your beard you be good. but you're gonna find a lot of girls like cut cut guys. i guess cause the whiskers can be itchy. but hey some dig the scruffy look too.

• I like beards but not the long ones. I prefer short cropped facial hair.

• It depends on the guy. I like smooth as well as facial hair. Some guys look better without some better with. So what ever looks the best.

• Long hair in a man-bun and nicely kept beard is sooooo hot!

• Me I like a guy with short hair but I don't mind a scruffy face

• I don't particularly like goatees but looks don't really matter to me. If the nicest guy ever had a goatee I wouldn't judge him for it!
    You shouldn't care about other people's opinions, if you like the way you look that's all that matters!

• i dont like facial hair, and i prefer hair that isn't long aha :P

• I prefer facial hair, more of that mountain man look. I love a man who looks like he belongs outdoors and is rugged.

• I like the way facial hair looks on Seth Rogan but other than that I'd rather there be none

• I like short hair with some scruff to be quite honest

• I dont much like beards. all that hair look like a cave man

• i like the scruff and longish or curly hair combo. that thankfully a lot of guys i know have

• Depends a lot on the guy really...

• Facial hair is for terrorists!

• I don't like beards to much but if its short and clean then I don't mind.

• Yes. So much yes. Keep the beard.

• I'd say clean shaven or scruffy with maybe 2 inches long hair?

• I love beards:) sooo sexy! I tend to like shorter hair, not buzzed or anything! But lately I've had a thing for man buns haha

• How about short head hair and long beard?

• Keeping facial hair is a lot of effort and when not kept clean it can look really trampy so clean cut is the best way to go

• Depends on the guy and the hair... but in general, shortish hair, though it can be a little shaggy as long as its not greasy and still looks like it has had a comb in it since getting up... And, in general, either clean-shaven or five o'clock shadow.

A really hot guy can pull of almost anything, though... so...

• i love a lot of hair on the head.. and very little on the body... its so hot

What Guys Said 3

• As a bearded guy I can say most women I meet hate beards and even fewer like long hair. My best reactions come from a short well kept beard with short hair. Well technically short hair no beard but im done shaving my lovely beard for women.

• You need a option that says look likes me :) jk all girls are different but the majority like shorter hair with well trimmed facial hair.

• I'm not a lady, but I want gandalfs beard.