What made you choose the style of clothing you wear? Personal preference, or just to fit in?

I was talking to a girl and she claimed that she absolutely hated everything she wears, but only wears it to "fit in" with everyone else. So I ask you, do you wear what you love and feel comfortable in, or do you wear stuff because you feel it's the style and has to be worn to fit in?

Most Helpful Guy

• I had no choice in school i had 2 pairs of jeans / 2 shirts
    i wore that off and on all year around my parents never
    were able to get me new clothes so to this day i wear
    the clothes i have and am comfortable with wearing
    i am not big on buying the best clothes i learned to
    sacrifice growing up and live life to what i gave me

What Guys Said 16

• Basically i don't mind about clothes... i wear everything exceot suits.

I despise them, and i-would feel like a middle-aged man if i wore one

• My style is fitted just for me, I don't follow
    any trends, I make my own.

I like the way I dress because I like
    the look/feel of it, and it's easy to move
    around in. ^.^

• Im a welder surrounded by a bunch of surly conservatives, and I, being the hipster that i am, wear skinny jeans and snap-backs and the like. definitely don't fit in at all clothes wise, but that makes no difference to dudes. they all still think im a chiller. i wear what i wear because i think i look good in it.

• I wear clothes I like. Those clothes also happen to give me psychological advantages in my career and in dating. People treat you better if you're well dressed, so I take advantage of it. I can get discounts just for asking, move up in lines without anyone complaining, get better treatment from salespeople, warmer receptions from women I want to date, treated as more trustworthy and competent by business people... why dress down unless it's a barbecue, lol

• i wear stuff that is comfortable. which is mainly shorts, t-shirts and a hoody if needed. I hate wearing shoes and socks though, so live in flip-flops all year round. I get some very odd looks during the winter, but i never feel the cold and its what im comfortable in so screw it.

• I wear what I find comfortable. This means that unless I'm forced to wear something else I'll probably be in jeans and a hoodie all day.

• never to "fit in" i wear what i like. but my style is simple and plain and i sometimes wear stuff, a lot of people say looks good on me even if i donĀ“t really like it.

• I wear what I feel like I look good in, and that's comfortable. I find only stupid people get caught up in stuff like that.

• I wear clothes that are
    1. comfortable
    2. I like the way it looks
    3. Oh and by influence. Everybody does.

• Nope I wear what I want to wear what's the use of wearing clothes just to fit in. People won't appreciate you and take you for granted because your trying to be fashionable just so you can fit in

• I *hate* collars, so I prefer a t-shirt and jeans and sneakers.

• appropriate for my physcique

relflection and expression of the mind

some consideration of friends comments males and female.

what i think looks good and good on me mostly.

Gq style is my fav

• I choose clothes that are comfortable. Mostly cargo pants and hoodies.

• I wear stuff that I like, which tends to make standout from most men.

• Comfort. I just prefer jeans , a tee or tanktop and my Sanuks.

• I don't wear clothes I don't like, so I'd never wear things just to fit in.

What Girls Said 18

• Functionality and comfort.

I live in the country and work with horses. Do you know how ridiculous and useless I'd be pitching hay and working horses if I wanted to wear heels and skirts everywhere?

No, jeans and tanktops/t-shirts for me. And it need not be said, but cowboy boots.

• You should never wear stuff just to fit in. When I was in high school everyone was all about yoga pants and ugg boots with a lululemon sweater... I never wore them because to me that just looks sloppy. My go-to is a dress, tights, and cowboy boots.

• I used to wear girly clothing. Heels etc, just to fit in as well, but I didn't feel very comfortable in it. So as I got older I wore more comfortable clothing till I really looked like a guy. Once I wore a beanie, timber blouse with loose shirt, timberlands and jeans and a guy in my class wore exactly the same outfit. It was also kinda because I got more curves and everything I wore before was suddenly "slutty" according to other girls.
    Now I still wear comfortable clothing, but I look a lot more feminine. Sometimes I still wear un-feminine clothing, but I feel totally comfortable now.

• The close I wear is a personal preference, because my style varies from day to day. Most days I'm fashionable/unique go all out creative cute style wear a lot of accessories and jackets, other days I'll go with the sophisticated look, some days I'll keep it simple and just wear t-shirt jeans shoes and a jacket, sometimes I go after my my goth look, and other times I get all dolled up and go after the girly look.

I don't really have a specific look, but I am being true to myslef.

• Very seldom do I ever wear something that I do not feel comfortable in, I have more or less always dressed for myself and not for what others or society think I should wear.

The only exception I make to this is when I am going out to a very formal evening function, where it becomes perhaps necessary for me to wear either an evening/cocktail dress or a gown.

No woman should ever feel the need or pressure in having to wear something she does not wish to.

• I wear the stuff I'm comfortable in, clothes that have to do with me and my personality, not necessarily related to the current fashion trends.

• I work around /on horses.. So there's that.
    But, when I'm not, I like to be comfortable. jeans, easy shoes and a range of shirts, fitted, to flannel, t shirts. Whatever I want.

• personal preference. their comfy, form fitting, and cute.

work, is the only time I might dress in a way I dislike. but the moment I get home I change.

• That's really sad. As for me, my sense of style just developed itself. I do it for me and I love it so much and i'm glad no one else is the reason for my great taste

• Personal preference. I won't buy something if I don't think it suits me or looks nice.

• I like to look nice, but mostly I choose clothes that match the weather. I'm more then happy wearing a black turtleneck under a cardigan, or sweater dress if it means I'm warm :p

• I don't think I have a style I just buy what I like and put it on. Nope I don't wear certain things to fit in, idc I wear what I want. If someone doesn't like it well cool not a big deal I didn't wear that outfit to please them :))

• Personal preference. If I don't like it I don't wear it.

• I only wear clothes I'm comfortable in and what I like my mum and sister complain because I'm not girly enough but at the end of the day I'm wearing the clothes

• Whatever I think I look nice in!

• Personal preference. I feel comfortable in the clothes I wear.

• No. Way. I don't dress because is the last fashion style. I choose my clothes as my personality.

• I wear what i love and feel comfortable in it XD