Pierced tongue only a sexual thing?

Not sure what the correct topic shouId be so I chose "Fashion and Style"...
I went to a restaurant recently and the waitress had a ball on her tongue. She must have just recently got it because I noticed her speech was a little off. I couldn't help but stare...
This reminded me of something a friend told me before, that a woman/girl who gets her tongue pierced only does that for sexual reasons. Just wondering if this is really the case? I am not knocking it, as we are all free to do whatever we want, but would like to hear if there are other reasons for this. I think it is already way beyond the "I want to express my individuality" now because so many people are doing it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Getting any type of piercing is like a statement piece. It doesn't have to be sexual at all. She could just like how it looks, or maybe she enjoying moving it around in her mouth. It can be sexual, but it would only help guys to have it done to their tongues and girls for other girls. Some people just grew up with their role models having this done , and decided they wanted one sooner or later in life, and than get one. Its something that I always wanted to get done, but I was told if they pierce the wrong spot in your tongue, it could paralyze your tongue. Also if your not careful, you can really mess up your teeth with it, by accidentally biting it, that could chip your teeth.

What Girls Said 3

• Not sexual, just a preference. A friend of mine had her tongue pierced at 4 years old.

• oh myyy... I wouldn't think a 4 year old would be old enough to make THAT kind of decision...

• Maybe it's just me, but I would NEVER get my child pierced ANYWHERE until they were old enough to make the decision themselves, like probably teens. I cringe at the sight of young parents getting their infant girl's ears pierced.

• I agree on that. My grandmother took me to pierce my ears at 10 years old, but I had agreed on that. It hurt so much that I pierced the other ear the next day. Then I lost my earrings and I had to pierce my ears a second time because the piercing closed. Until 17, I didn't bother to wear earrings that much

• I have a tongue ring. Im satisfied with my life decisions. It isn't a sexual thing, but my boyfriend likes it so...

• So for you it's just a "style" thing? It's only for how it looks?

• I think that there was a little pressure from my friends. I got it when I was 16 and everyone in my circle was getting pierced and stuff. It was sort like an unspoken competition to see who would go the furthest. I got it as like a fashion sort of thing just to impress people, but even though I don't hang out with those people anymore, i still have it three years later so i guess in the end i do just like the look of it.

• It like a stick thing that goes through your tongue. That's what a tongue ring is. Haha.

• I want many different piercings. I wouldn't necessarily want a tongue piercing but it is cool and something I've thought about. But I want the piercings because they're cool, and I want it for me. Not for anything or anyone else

What Guys Said 2

• Tongue piercing doesn't sound overly attractive (at least to me) and I can't imagine how it would really heighten things sexually.
    On the other hand, I can't imagine it being a fasion thing simply because you don't really show your tongue to many people (if any)

by the way, this should probably go under the "Sexual Behavior" section

• This wouldn't "attract" me either, as I can't help but just stare whenever I see it, wondering WHY?
      As far as the correct topic goes, I figured that maybe it was just some odd fashion/style thing since I see it so often these days.

• I think its mostly a sexual thing , I've known some girls over the years who had one , at college there was a number of girls with one , I think it mostly was for sexual reasons as oral sex pretty common thing to do at that age. some might of got it cause they liked piercings in general but think in general there was a sexual reason for having it , most of the girls I knew who had one were also party girls and somewhat permiscuis