Why do girls my age wear top buns, sweatshirts, and dirty jeans everyday?

I'm in high school and I was wondering why girls try to look awful. Is that some kind of method that doesn't work, or are you trying for guys to not look or talk to you.

• Do you dress up and put on makeup everyday?
  • Or just throw something on without even looking in the mirror.
I think my question is misunderstood. These girls are literally trying to be ugly, they don't even wash their face or body. I do more than them to get ready which us a little sad. In my opinion everyone should look their best for the situation.

Most Helpful Girl

• As someone who wore heels in the last two years of school.. I'll say that we don't wear what we wear for male attention unless its on a date or at a party with a guy we like.
    We wear what we want to make ourselves feel good. I guess these girls don't care and are probably a little lazy (I used to get up at 6 am so I could take my time getting ready). Not everyone has the mindset of looking your best always just incase an opportunity arrives. Tbh, I have no idea what I was expecting at high school as most go in just to study and then straight home.

• You don't have to do it for guys, but I know I can't really feel good about myself if I look ugly.

• I agree!
      Yeah, but so many assume that girls only dress a certain way to impress men.

What Girls Said 13

• Dude they're at school for an education in the middle of winter. Somehow I don't think your opinion of what they *choose* to wear is their number one concern.

My parents didn't allow me to wear makeup until I was in high school anyway and I am SO glad. I had show choir first period so there wasn't much point wearing anything too nice to school because it wouldn't be practical.

• I am not saying the only way to look good is to be naked. You can look cute and be warm. Plus I live in LA so the season doesn't regulate a dress code

• I'm still in college so I dress down a lot. I wear sweats (usually the fitted Aeropostale or Victories Secret ones), I'd wear a v-neck and a pair of nice sneakers. I don't try to look good, but I don't look bad and I like to be comfortable. What gets me is when girls try to look bad on purpose and wear pajama pants... ewww. The hair... I always wear curls, whether I'm dressed up or not. I usually wear dress pants and blouses for work. I know what you mean though, I see it a lot.

• I'm a little older than you but personally I always put on some make up and nicer clothes to go out, I like to look cute lol

• I do NOT dross up and put makeup on. I only own makeup for Halloween . I do NOT dress up for school EVER. But I also don't wear crappy clothes. I wear comfy clothes. A good pair of jeans, a t-shirt (or a nice-ish shirt), a sweatshirt. I make myself look "good." I don't try too hard, but I do try.

• I mean I look good and stuff but its an effortless type of look good lol I'm not sure if that counts but I take a shower 2x a day and carry scented lotions , sprays , lip balm etc. I don't look dirty but I get called pretty often lol w/o dressing up

• Haha I always have to look good and if I get lazy I still try to wear nice clothes because I am very big on looking nice.

• Lol but if a guy wear te same outfit twice this week no one cares. But god forbid I wear the same arid gam twice

• That is my biggest pet peeve. I hate anyone who wears the same thing twice in a week. My brothe r wears the exact same pair of skinny jeans every day. If you don't have a lot of clothes at least match different things so no one notices.

• Well at least spread it out and make it not noticible. If it's a sweater or shoes then it shouldn't matter. I don't know what kind of school you go to, but if I wore the same shirt twice in a week, the exact same way I would be considered "poor trash"

• No one cares if it's a guy but people basically inspect a girls outfit everyday

• Because they think it looks cute.

When it really doesn't

• You're 14.

I'd be worried if they were dressed up in full scale make up and dressy clothes every day.

• I look like shit every day when I go to school. I wear my hair in the same bun everyday because I don't feel like doing my hair. I only wear make up sometimes and I constantly wear the same outfits.
    Because it's school. Who am I going to impress, my teacher? I get up at 6 am and I have so much trouble getting up in the morning that once I do I barley have time to get dressed.

• You look good in your profile pic. You should dress like that all the time. I don't know why you have a problem with looking nice.

• Ehh, even when I try to look nice people always tell me I look a mess so I just sorta stopped trying

• Why Gould I look nice for u guys, I could give a shit if I looked nice I look nice if I wanna make myself look nice not for men to peruse at

• If a girl wants to be comfortable rather than getting dressed up everyday to impress boys who probably make make the same amount of effort then there's no issue with that :)

• I don't have a problem with that I just wanna know if girls think we find that attractive.

• Okay that's exactly what I needed to know

• If its a party or something then ofcourse I try to look attractive but in school, I just want to be as comfortable as possible

• I think it's a cute, casual look. But to each their own

What Guys Said 5

• dude... they're at SCHOOL... what did you expect? to dress like models?

let them wear what they want, and mind your own business... and you know what? these outfits make the girls look BETTER. they look real, and not fake unlike with make-up, heels, and BS like that ;-)

• Because some of us guys find it attractive. (not the dirty jeans part though)
    Or maybe because they feel comfortable/they don't care.
    You sure you're not exaggerating when you say dirty jeans? Do they just wear jeans more than you'd prefer?

• Maybe they just want to be comfortable? I don't know why but sometimes girls like that are more attractive to me.

• Reminds me of the shitty line up at my high school. Of course I bagged the hottest chick... Although she was a crazy c***

• I don't know.. but it's cool anyway