Do you guys like Asian cultures?

My question is about Asian cultures not whether you're physically attracted to them or not. I'm a Chinese person that grew up in the United States and lately I'm trying to reconnect myself with my original native culture. We Chinese traditionally exerted a big impact on all the cultures of east asia specifically japan, Korea, and Vietnam. In the modern era we're no longer very powerful although that is changing again.
The other big Asian civilization besides ours is India's although I don't know that much about Indian culture. I think they're very spiritual people with colorful clothing, palaces, and foods.
Further west is Iran which has the culture of Persia, another ancient culture. I know even less about them.
Further west gets into the area of Iraq, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and then Europe . I don't know much about these cultures although I find European cultures very interesting.
Those are also the ones that are most developed and wealthy in this day and age

So I was wondering what everyone thought about Asian cultures and brownie points to everyone who compliments China :D!

Most Helpful Guy

• You know what I find fascinating about the eastern cultures (those influenced by China)? The art.

It is always beautifully, meticulously detailed with each tree limb, each roof single, everything precisely and carefully drawn. What's more, the scenes and landscapes they depict are always beautiful hills, coasts, bridges... it's so evocative, my imagination races (I'm serious) imagining what the artist saw.

There is a huge collection of Chinese temple art at the museum here and I find it haunting more than anything.

What Girls Said 15

• I was a fan of Asian cultures as a kid because of those shows like Sagwa The Chinese Siamese Cat. I was in love how they write (or used to) and the food. I think China has a very powerful history of their land comparable to Egypt, Rome, England. And I can't forget about the history fighting and Confucius, he was an awesome guy. But I wouldn't date a Chinese guy because I'm not attracted to them, but you guys are really awesome!

• ha that's ok I'm just asking about the cultures.

• Oh ok, I thought you asked if we were attracted to them as well.

• I've always thought Asian cultures were pretty neat and I wouldn't mind learning more about them.

Complimenting China because their shipping is legit. 4-6 weeks, huh? *emoji smirk* Sureeee.

• I think Asian culture is so cool. I'm really interested in it because it's so different than western culture.

• What if I were to tell you it's not as cool as you think.

• We're just a bunch of weird.

• LOL at @Ihav2fart A lot of our countries are poor in this day and age but I'm just talking about culture not society...

• It's interesting to learn the history of Asian countries but I don't have any real desire to learn about the culture. I think all cultures are intriguing and I would love to experience them even for a short time

• I love all types of culture. especially the different styles of music, food, and clothing! (:

• Not in particular. There are things I like about it, but mostly historical.

As for contemporary culture, we have no sense for the environment, no philanthropy, no animal welfare, huge inequality and censorship which leads to people thinking mao was a great guy
    And that's just for china.

India is even worse, at least if you're a girl

• aw well now a lot of Chinese people care about the environment! I for sure do, I want to work in alternative energies :)

• I like Japanese, and Chinese culture :)

• Yes, there's so much art and history and the languages are often beautiful. Plus, the food is great.

• Asian is the best.

• I don't know I guess @Illusive_Man @Chris011 @Ihav2fart @I_M_LEGEND will have to teach me about it;3

Or wait are you Asian LEGEND? Or no?

• He's he's a Korean sensAsian.

Your list is growing LOL

• yah veits are sexy though, the mix of fresh blood made them more exotic...@ihav2fart didn't get to know too many taiwanese girls though

• @Ihav2fart

• I don't know enough about to like it... and the little I know, as a woman, it is a turnoff. But I'm sure you can tell me how nice is it to be a woman in Asian cultures.

• lol don't go to the middle east because you're expected to wear a burka and don't go to India because you have a high probability of getting raped or robbed.

But in China you'll be treated decently! Yup

• I didn't know doing business involved kneeling down to put the drinks on the table, but only for white people, and just bending your back to put the drinks on the table for other customers.

• Of course.. excuse it all you want. I'm out.

• Well... I don't like Asian Asian countries.

I just like the Middle East.
    Because Asians aka (Chinese, etc .) have a bad reputation in the gulf middle eastern countries. And in pretty sure you know why?

• lol no I wish I do because I think the Middle East is an interesting place. I don't know that much about them.

• Yes I'm obsessed with it! Ok maybe not obsessed. My bro is adopted from Korea so we have Korean food a lot, and someday were going to visit Seoul Korea, where he's from. I'm a bit more into Japan to be honest though. I love anime and manga and also I grew up learning karate from my pa. Although I don't do it much anymore. I've rece begun learning how to write and speak Japanese, and lemme say it's hard. I don't know if you know or not but there's three different alphabets in Japanese. I know Hiragana almost completely, I know some kanji, and I've just started learning katakana. I know a few japanese words also, but I'm nowhere near fluent. Anyways Asian culture is just something that really peaks my interest and I hope I get to visit several places in Asia when I get older!

• oh yeah japanese Kanji came from Chinese characters I can read it because I can read Chinese haha.

• Really? I knew kanji originated from China but I didn't know Hiragana also did. But I'm sorry sushi just doesn't wow me.

• yep see it was inspired by cursive Chinese. I'd post a link but i'm not high level enough.

you don't have to apologize to me haha, I don't like japanese people...

• Being half-Japanese myself, people often think it's weird that I don't really care about Asian cultures (more specifically the Japanese one).

• Of course, some like.

What Guys Said 12

• I would hope so, considering I'm, well, you know.

farm3.staticflickr.com/.../...94314_9777f0e8fe.jpg

• yeah i like a lot of Asian martial-arts

• I have been loving that Asian trap music XD
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPC9erC5WqU

• I have a lot of Middle Eastern, Indian, and Asian friends. I like how they are all unique and different in so many ways. Overall, I really enjoy their company.

I am totally Americanized--white washed--though lol.

• I'm surprised that many people on think the communism is Chinese culture.
    Actually communism was invented in Europe , grew in Russia, and brought to China.
    And it messed up my beautiful country.

The real Chinese culture is what Bruce Lee had shown to the west 40 years ago, the confidence, the toughness, the sprit, the creativity, the skill. Chinese people believe in hardworking and kindness, it's kind like an old version of Chinese dream.

• i love it... especially the cultural food. And i do enjoy learning about the different dynasties and civil wars

• I'm partially japanes and other people seem to be more educated in my ethnic culture than I am. My family has been here for a century so we've assimilate to the Canadian lifestyle

• I love Japan. I've studied its history from 1185 to the present day. I've learned the name of its most important cities. Read about its Shinto religion and mythology. I watch anime on a weekly basis and lately I've watched some classic Akira Kurosawa films. I tried to learn Japanese but I stopped because I lost interest, I've been thinking on retaking it. I think it is a great country with an amazing history, geography and culture. I'm probably a bit obsessed with it because I dislike my own country so I seek for another one.

Do not know much about China but my dad loves Chinese history and culture!

• lol that's cool! We Chinese hate the japanese ever since world war 2 but they have some nice manga. I enjoyed reading Naruto and One Piece and I like Hiyao Miyazaki films.
      A lot of japanese culture was influenced by Chinese culture, soon China will be rich and powerful and the world can see how great we are!

• Yeah I do agree with you that the Japanese Empire committed many atrocities during WW2. The first that comes to my mind is the Rape of Nanking which sounds at least as horrifying as the holocaust to me. There is no excuse to those war crimes but I do feel like they happened due to the West forcing Japan to become an imperialist superpower.

I read about something called the Xiaomi recently, apparently it's the Chinese Apple. The are making Iphone like devices, and I don't mean cheap imitations I mean high quality gadgets. They are not as ridiculous as Apple with their prices so I will cheer for them! haha

• OH sweet man thanks! I know there's a kind of big portion of Chinese in Peru. Muy Bien!

• This is why I never want to go back to Asia EVER again.
    The hubris.

• but we're so cool!

• yeah man I'm just saying I'm proud of my country, China has become rather powerful again in this day and age

• The Chinese like talking about power a lot don't they.
      Its always power power wealth wealth

• Would you believe me if I said no?

• no! ok maybe a little.

• Overall I do find it interesting, since I'm Asian myself but my own culture is a little bit of mix.

• I enjoy all cultures.