Do girls wear make up because they think they are ugly otherwise?

can`t remember the last time I saw a girl not wearing any make-up outside, it seems that they are wearing more make -up than clothes. lol !!! l (just an-observation)

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't wear makeup. And I'm a bartender. My coworkers tell me to put on a little. But I tell them i don't really like makeup.

It can help some girls look good, I'm not gonna lie and say "all girls look better without it". And some girls are naturally pretty and the makeup enhances it.
    I guess it depends on the girl how much better she looks with makeup and how much better she feels with it.

What Girls Said 26

• No makeup is just fun

• but not only fun, even if you don't feel ugly without it girls use it to enhance their appearance for sure

• Not at all :) I just love the process, it's fun and it makes me feel more confident sure. But that doesn't mean I feel I'm ugly without it. My main good features will still be there even without make up.

• Not necessarily. Do you wear nice clothes because you think you're ugly if you wear ugly clothes?
    I doubt it.
    Personally speaking, I wear mascara and eyeliner because it makes me look less tired and I like it on me in the same way I like my necklaces.

• I like my facial features but I enjoy makeup. It's an accessory not every woman who wears it is insecure

• I wear foundation, concealer and powder because I just genuinely don't like my face without. I was unfortunately graced with acne so now I wear makeup all the time. I don't like to see myself without it and I've worn it almost everyday since the September before my 15th birthday.
    But things like lipstick, eyeshadow, eyeliner, etc is what I wear for fun and because I like makeup

• Depends on the girl. My mom always put me down so makeup makes me feel better about myself. I don't wear a whole bunch but it makes me feel like I can cover up my flaws. Some girls wear it because it's fun to experiment with it, because guys tell them they're ugly without it. Everyone is different.

• I don't wear to not be ugly just enhance. When I wore concealer the first time a bunch of people were like "wow Taylor. You look so great. Not as tired" made me feel great. The other stuff is more for fun. It shouldn't be used to change just make what's already beautiful more so. (I also love the natural look)

• It's become a norm tbh. As important as drinking water to some. I hardly ever wear it. It feels weird. I prefer my natural face.

• I don't think I'm ugly otherwise but do feel better with it. Its like an accessory.. Too much can ruin the look though. When feeling down it can boost my self esteem too. I feel plain but fine without, prettier with. Its helpful in hiding flaws too when applied correctly. Enhances my features.

• It's been about a week, I think, since I've worn makeup last.

I'm more self-conscious when I put on makeup than I am without it on.

• Some girls were it to just boost there confidence level not many wear it because they have low self-esteem. I personally don't wear it at all. I feel comfortable in my own skin.

• I only wear eyeliner and lipstick because I think it makes me look good. And because I feel like it. I usually don't wear any makeup unless I want to feel pretty

• I think it's true girls do feel naked without make up however the most I ever put on is mascara and eye shadow and that's on a good day

• Some do, sure. Others wear it because it's fun. Others wear it because it makes them feel confident. Depends on the girl.

• I've always been a tomboy and never cared to wear makeup. It looks like it takes forever. I barely know the difference between foundation/mascara/etc

• I try and be as natural as possible but I feel more confident with make up so I only wear it for myself

• It's rare I wear make up because I am too lazy plus I have bad experience with it really painful

• I wear make up because I'm ugly as shot without it. But im not trying to impress or attract someone, I just want to look somewhat decent

• You are awesome change your attitude people really will like you, its my promise

• I think it's fun putting on makeup. But I do go without makeup sometimes. If I had no acne scars I would definetly not use foundation

• I've never worn makeup Lol.

• I think that most girls including myself wear makeup because they may not think they are ugly, but just not as confident with going natural.

• Don't wear it becuz I think m ugly but because it makes me feel more pretty and confident

• It makes me feel prettier, but I don't think I look hideous without it

• That would be true in my case. I look bad without it and with it i feel and look much better.

• I don't think I'm ugly without makeup, but I think that I look better with it

• I wear makeup cause my mom makes me, mostly.

• Not necessarily.

What Guys Said 6

• i believe they wear make-up because they feel insecure about their natural looks but this is wrong in my opinion

natural looks are always better

• I've never worn makeup :3

media.giphy.com/media/W0JdZ6kFpWRHy/giphy.gif

I'm fabulous :D

• yea of course they do, there is this girl in my business class who covers her face with makeup, does her hair everyday etc just to go in college.

• Not necessary.. What u said... They wear it to make themselves more attractive n bold

• Not necessarily ugly.. but just to enhance the beauty.

• Damn you're so Beta.