I changed my mind (about shoes), what do I do?

When I was 11 I really wanted these pairs of shoes, but after I turned 12 I lost interest and found found them somewhat childish. The problem is that they were expensive for a pair of shoes, but my aunt bought it for me. When in lost interest, I felt so guilty because I barely used them. My feet haven't grown much since then (I'm 13) and my mom has been asking about the shoes. I really dont want to wear them! What's the best way to handle this? (Other than telling ny mom upfront)

Most Helpful Girl

• Just wear the shoes around your aunt once in a while. It's polite, and it'll make her feel good, even if you feel self-conscious about it. You can be honest with your mom though, if you really need to tell her, saying that while you appreciate the gift, it's not something you really like anymore.

I get the feeling, kind of. My grandmom used to buy me all these really hideous earrings and scarves, but I could see she'd put thought into it (like, she knew I loved cats, so she bought me giant cat earrings...) so if we were going to see each other, I would rock the hell out of those cat earrings. The rest of the time, they were stashed away where no one but me could find them, lol.

What Guys Said 2

• Wear them: it's ONLY a pair of shoes.

• Wear the shoes when u visit your aunt, to show your appreciation.

What Girls Said 2

• You have to be honest and say that you don't like them anymore, but that you are grateful for them. At the end of the day, show appreciation and wear the shoes anyway. Don't be a brat (not saying you are).

• Wear it in front of your aunt and make her happy