Is it okay for guys to wear just spandex when working out?

So I'm on my schools Cross Country and distance Track team. Many of the other boys on there will often wear spandex compression shorts or running tights to practice. This is an example:

media.scoreboardwrestling.net/.../...33350.010.jpg

They don't wear anything over that.
At first I thought it was odd because you can clearly see the outline of a guys penis through the tight fabric. I have noticed girls on the team staring at this. However, it seems like they must be really comfortable and so I am debating buying some.
What's your opinion?

• Yes
  • No
  • It should be illegal.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wear whatever the fuck you want, it's not a fashion show.

What Girls Said 6

• It looks so bad that it's burning my eyes. But if you like it wear it.

• Generally yes. But that seems like underwear.
    Loads of athletes wear tight pants when working out but not underwear

• I think that is something you would have to personally decide. I think that it is a little out there as far as showing parts of your body that your not necessarily comfortable with. To me I think the length is ok but maybe not as tight.

• Hell yeah! Not in my school though, the guys are really ugly and I'd pee my pants if I ever saw one of them in spandex!

• All of them are ugly?
      Maybe your expectations are too high!

• I know my standards are too high but guys in my school are either nerds, ugly or taken. Thanks for downvoting guys and girls, you make me lmfao!

• Wow... I was the only girl to say that it should be illegal 😂 I feel accomplished ✊😅

• If we can walk around in tights or yogas, you guys should be completely validated walking around in the same.

• But don't you think this is also just a chance to show off their um... junk?

• Sure, but do you not think we do it for the same reasons.
      It's comfortable and all physically, but so are SO MANY other options.
      We wear stuff like that so we can show off our bums, and figures, some girls even do the camel toe thing on purpose... Cause seriously, you know when that shit is all up in there.

What Guys Said 5

• in high school they never just wore those, they at least had something underneath to hold everything in place.

• I think it's fine. I'd probably wear it if I was in that situation. It's a great way to show off to girls lol. I'd say do what ever you're comfortable with man.

• When I did track, we would wear those, plus running shorts over them. I think it's kinda weird that guys wear just those.

• Hell no! Grape smuggling is not ok! It is hot for a woman, but no one wants to see your fruit basket at the gym. Imagine spotting a guy on the bench with the package all outlined inches from his face. Not cool. Wear shorts over top of it.

• No, it's ok for girls but not for guys