Why do people always say push-up bras are like lying?

I wear subtle push-up bras every day because I have 32 A boobs. I hate them and want them to be bigger but I'm already 20, they probably won't grow anymore, so I wear push-up bras. When people find out im wearing them they say that it's "lying" to wear a push-up bra because it makes them look bigger than they are. How is that fair or true? It just makes my clothes look better and my body more proportionate.

Most Helpful Girl

• A push up bra does just what its suppose to do push up the boobs. No bra that fits is going to make A or B cup boobs magically look like double D's. I don't think its an illusion a bra is for support not a an advertisement anyway. I barely wear bras but, when I do comfort is the priority and feeling good in them is too. Bras are supposed to support the breasts and a push up bra is good for any size. I really think a man's opinions about types of bras and why we wear them is irrelevant.

What Guys Said 10

• A lot of guys who expect all women to have supermodel bodies think that all women look like p*rn models naked. So they probably don't know that natural breasts tend to have a say to them and might have been turned off during a sexual encounter with a girl who wore one.

I don't imagine that it would really be that "misleading" with an A cup. Women with larger sizes would probably be more criticized for it than anything.

• Meant to say they have a sag* to them. Phone likes to mess with me.

• It really isn't misleading at all with my size... It's not like they suddenly look like D cups? Or even B cups for that matter.

• It is not the size, but the tucked up part I am referring to here that girls with implants get away with while girls who have natural boobs do not.

• Listen less to what others say to you and wear what you want. Most people who have a crack at you are not worth listening too

• screw them lol! if you feel more confident wearing them do it!
    you aren't lying to anyone

• Imagine you're buying a pack of chips. You open them and chips make about 5% of what's inside, the rest is air. You'd be pissed, wouldn't you?

If you want to have bigger boobs, you can get implants :P

• Actually I can't. I don't know about you but I don't have $7000 lying around.

• And men are even more judgmental about girls with implants as they are about push-up bras? So your opinion is invalid

• Ps boobs makeup way more than 5% of a push-up bra?

• They say that it's not being your true self if you are wearing a push-up bra.

• What about makeup? Or colouring my hair? Is that lying too? Because I'd say the majority of girls my age wear makeup whether you can tell or not.

• To the two girls whom voted down , I am just saying why other people think of girls are wearing push up bras, are falsely advertising how big their boobs are. I on the other hand say:) that girls should be allowed to wear what ever bra they want. Asker I wasn't talking about make up.

• Don't pay attention to those idiots. Dress to please yourself. And don't worry about your cup size. Many guys are happier with smaller-breasted women. Small breasts don't sag.

• Who cares wear what you want the president cheats so what is a piece of clothing material next to that? Nothing

• The heavier that coconut is, the better the muscles u'll gain from within 💪

• Uh what

• The heavier those double cheese burgers are, the more muscles u will gain from it ;3

• It's like a guy stuffing his pants to make his dick look big.

• So what about makeup then? Is that lying too? Because it's widely accepting even encouraged that girls wear that.

• You just said it is though.

• I never said anything, I just said they're both deceptive.

• Coz when you get them out and they're all floppy and droopy that was false advertising.

• What about when I wah off my makeup? Is that lying too? Because I would say the majority of girls my age wear makeup but they aren't berated for it.

• lol, breathing is necessary, pushup bras on the other hand... I won't be looking at a group of girls and going for the one with the biggest tits- it's a more complicated choice than that. Do what you want, I don't give a crap, just don't say they ain't false advertising because they are.

• what do you mean false advertising? who said she's advertising anything to anyone? is she your girlfriend? is she advertising her boobs to you?

What Girls Said 7

• I wear a larger cup size and I still like push up bras. I 100% agree that they help your clothes fall better. Guys are so silly. They can be so out of touch with what women really look like that they consider wearing a flattering color over another "lying". Just do what makes you happy with yourself and ignore undue criticism.

• They totally make your clothes fit better! Like all these guys on here are saying its "false advertising" or "just get implants"... It's so dumb.

• That is VERY dumb. Yeah let's go get life threatening sugury to place foreign objects in our bodies for extended amounts of time because they said so. Obviously if a woman makes that choice for herself that's one thing but I'm sure as heck not doing it for someone else who will then talk MORE about how my breasts are fake!

The fact that they get angry about various aspects of a woman's appearance makes zero sense to me. It's like do they think our lips are naturally super bright red? Are they trying to get me to think they're that dumb? It's silly!

• Ugh it's so dumb. Who cares? I wear push-up bras too I would just try not to worry about it. Most girls wear push-up bras at this point. It's hot so whatever haha

• Yeah, usually it's guys saying it. They don't understand that it really just lifts what you already have if its just a regular push-up. Im just gonna tell people to shove it from now on!

• I have a couple of push-up bras that I wear only when I go out with my guy. He's seen my 34B's often enough to know what I really look like, for that matter he told me he loved my breasts when I was an A cup. He's the only guy that I ever dress to please, so his oppinion is the only guy's oppinion that matters to me. For every day or to work in a professional office / work environment, I wouldn't wear a push-up. I just think it might not be too appropriate to show off the assets, no matter how small they are! = ]

• It's stupid in my opinion, they don't look THAT much bigger in a normal push up bra. I always wear them, I like them better

• Half the time they don't even look bigger, it's just more lift of what you already have! It's so dumb that people say that.

• Yeah! I mean I have a bf too and he's seen me without a bra and he doesn't think its "lying". He actually prefers the lighter push-ups to the pretty heavy one (add two cups) that I use for going out to the club or when I want to look extra good.

• Yeah my boyfriend wasn't even remotely surprised by the slight difference lol

• Pshhhh as long as you're not making your boobs look two cup sizes bigger, who cares? I haven't walked into a VS and seen regular bras. You do you girl :)

• I avoid all bras that make my boobs big and I'm a 34 B I don't understand but like I do hate shopping because they are 98% push up for my size which sucks but like you said it's a thing and if you like it do it who cares! I dye my hair black every month am I "lying" too

• It's as much lying as putting on mascara to make eyelashes look longer or thicker. Or styling hair extra special. Or wearing heels when it makes you taller. Tell them to shut up.