Is the stereotype true? Do girls pick clothes out for their guys?

Many of my friends will pick clothes out for their boyfriends. Boyfriends usually don't pick clothes out for girls unless it's lingerie. If this is true, why? I heard one of my friends say that he dresses nice for a guy (meaning a female would have picked that out.)

Most Helpful Girl

• Its kind of true, in my last relationship i picked his clothes out because I felt that he had no fashion sense, I mean sure he was good at pairing jeans with plain t's but other than that, I liked certain colour on him and he would always ask for my opinion. My current boyfriend dresses well, and If i don't like something He'll change it, because i think guys feel comfortable asking girls if something looks good.

What Guys Said 2

• one of my ex's did help me dress but that was a long time ago, when I didn't know much about fashion.

• dressing well, simply for faggots

What Girls Said 6

• I guess it makes them feel good when you tell them "That shirt looks good on you."

• When we going shopping together we'll both voice our opinion or maybe grab something we think the other would like but we don't try to dress each other or change the others style unless specifically asked.

• will I buy clothes yes, will I pick out what he wears no, he's an adult he knows what he likes he can dress himself. .

• My boyfriend picks out clothes for me sometimes, I actually like it. It's not like underwear, it's like normal sweaters and and stuff

• I haven't picked anything out for my boyfriend and we have been together for 2 years.

• I don't think I could. I guess I could buy a shirt here and there but not all the time. I struggle finding something I like. It would be ten times harder finding something he'd like.