My boyfriend says I dress slutty.. Is this slutty?

I like to dress classy but sexy like long tight skirts that show my curves. Or jeans heels and a shirt that shows my chest a little. And when i wear dresses as long as my arms he says i dress like a slut. What should i do? He gets angry when other guys look at me and he tells me to cover up all my skin..

( For parties )

Most Helpful Guy

• His intentions are not bad, he just does not trust you. He thinks deep down inside that you will cheat on him if you find someone better and that's why you dress like you do. I don't agree with his thinking.

• Thank you

• I disagree strongly. The lack of trust is scary, and the anger is scarier Generally people expect other people to behave as they do. People who can't trust others are not trustworthy.

What Guys Said 3

• What you should do is get away from him and stay away. His anger is completely unreasonable. This is an early warning sign of future abusive behavior. If you continue seeing him, he will become even more controlling and possibly physically violent with you.

• Hard question actually. it depends in which society he have grown up. from what I have know guys with strict and religious family are much more angry about their girl wearing slutty clothes than people that had parent with no religion or restriction. I would say people from East Asia and Middle East get much more upset about it than guys here in the West.

I think honestly I would thought the same, but I would give you some freedom for yourself. I mean this thought would come up in my head, but I wouldn't say anything if they covered your chest and down there. I mean I would not be upset if some of the skin on the legs and up on the stomach where showing. But yeah, maybe if it came all the way up to your tits. :/

I don't know. Never been there, hard question. But I would talked with your boyfriend about this. Come on, he should give you some freedom. If he still whines about it a lot, I would consider to leave him.

• Lol nooo.. I mean like a long sleeve shirt with a little cleavage showing if i have something showing like that i cover the rest up but i do like to wear tight clothes a lot. And well I don't know he's mexican lol i guess i can say his family is completely different in dressing... You are pretty right do u know how i should deal with this i dont want to end up having to dress like a nun

• Kind of, but he just insecure I wouldn't care if my girl dressed like that.

What Girls Said 9

• Dress for your self.
    However, always consider criticism.
    I think girls are better judges at this.
    A literal description is impossible to judge.
    Put in a few pics.

• It doesn't sound "slutty" to me. Wear whatever you want. Your boyfriend is not the boss of you.

• Wear what you want! He has no say. You are the sole controller of what goes on your body.

• I think boys should let u were what you want to wire even if is sexy or not your clothes your personality

• yeah. but he's also just jealous and insecure.
    nevertheless, don't allow anyone to refer to you with terms such as slut or whore. have some self respect.

• You're not the problem; he is the problem. Sounds to me like he's insecure and a tad crazy. I wouldn't continue dating him.

• Slutty to me is tight BUT when it's clothing that doesn't fit and is too small and exposes way too much clothing.

• I guess so -a little

• He's insecure. He's afraid to lose you.