If I tattoed my girls name on my body what would it mean for her?

How would she interpret this decision?

say you found your soul mate would it be OK then?
Say if you thought your girl had doubts about your commitment to the relationship, would a tattoo validate your commitment?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd think he's crazy and it would make me feel trapped and like he thinks he owns me or some shit. I'd feel pressured to stay with him which is messed up. I would hate the idea of it even if we had been dating for like 10 years and I was still madly in love with him, I wouldn't want him to do it. If you REALLY feel like you need a tattoo to signify your love for her, you could both get small symbols of something you both like tattooed together. Much better than getting a name. You could get a tattoo of your kids name, your parents, or your pets name even, just please not your significant other. Just don't do it. It's such a terrible idea and any decent tattoo artist will refuse to do it anyways. Even getting your wife's name tattooed is risky. Shit happens.

What Girls Said 10

• If I were your gf I wouldn't like it and I'd feel trapped because shit happens and people break up and it would get awkward to explain: "Hi, nice to meet you, new girl (I can't think of a name). This? Oh this is the name of my ex and well..."

• If the relationship didn`t last it would still be a cool tattoo, make the name in the shape of a flower or a pattern!!!

• I'm sure you will end up regretting it, but it's your choice so...

• That would be waaaaaay too much pressure for me. To have a guy put my name on his body forever? Eeeeeeee. At least get married for a few years first.

• It's a bad idea. Many people were certain that their partner was for life and got a tattoo of their name, only to split up a few months later. The only names you should put on yourself are those of your parents, your siblings, your pets or your children.

• If my bf put my name on his body I would feel trapped. Like just because of that tatoo

And then id break up and tell him to remove it

• why would it make you feel trapped?

• is that not the point of being in a relationship, to be together for a long time?

• Still... A lot of couples dont last more than 15-20 years

You can't guarentee anything is going to last

• Don't do it, it's idiotic.

• My now fiance did this back in high school. You should talk to her about it first. How long have you been together? For myself , and fiance it meant a lot, but we're tattoo people, and ok with having names on are body's forever because it's are first love. Even if we were to break up. Tattoos to us are our stories so we knew we wouldn't regret it. She could take it as a good , or bad thing. Even though we don't regret anything , and wouldn't I don't think out of high school he would have got a tattoo of my name, because we don't need the extra validation like we did as kids.

• She'd probably freak. Tatoos can be very painful depending on where you get it. There is plenty of other ways to show her that you're serious about the relationship. You can get a place together , buy a pet or even get engaged. You could transform it into something but that reminder would always be there.

• I'll tattoo it myself with henna lol

• If you feel in your heart the she's the one you will be forever. Then do it

• That's trashy and a bad decision. I would be pissed if my bf did that

What Guys Said 11

• dude that would mean a lot... because getting rid of a tattoo isn't an easy task ;-)

• Depends where you put it.

Over your heart > Love
    On your forehead > Your an obsessive freak
    On your shoulder > That you'll protect her
    On your genitalia > Think of it like a "Task list"

Good luck

• You're very welcome sir. As a side note, i agree with most here that tattoos are a bad idea in most cases. People dont treat them as with severity; for example, the one and only tattoo i have is for my best friend that died in a car accident that i want to remember forever. Whereas another tattoo i was going to get was for another "great friend" that ended up blowing me off because i tried to protect her from an abusive spouse, thank god i didn't go through with that second one. The first, gives me strength when i feel weak, and motivation to see things through because i remember who she was and how awesome she was in my life. I don't think seeing any of my ex's names on my chest would give me that same feeling, but it's your call and your body. I see lots of people with different names in different places, i dont think anything about them as it's not my place to judge someone i hardly know

• She'd think "oh god , I'm dating a retard"

• The whole neighborhood would be flooding from her vagina fluids... She would get so wet

• Dude never tattoo a name on yourself. It's there forever. What if something goes wrong and you guys break up? Then when you go chill with Jasmine you'll still have Stephanie tattooed on you, go explain that one to Jasmine lol

• Don't do it.

• Dont do that it's the definition of bad ide

• Rule number 1 of tatoos no names if you canhelp it

fc01.deviantart.net/.../VOID_by_ragdollgrl13.jpg

• no, don't ever, don't stop!, I say no more stop!!

• she'd be flattered. However, what would you do if you broke up?

• that you are dumbass, retarded