Is it normal for fair-skinned people to look ugly under flourescent lights?

I was at a department store trying on clothes. I looked in the mirror and my cheeks looked all blotchy and unflattering. But in my room at home I look pretty dang good, and also outside in sunlight.But I see other people in the store who look fine in fluorescent lighting. So is it just me? Am I just ugly?

What's Your Opinion?

0/2000

Most Helpful Opinion

• ahahhaha me too, it sucks, my cheeks are blotchy and my face looks soo much more red, I'm pretty white ;)

What Girls Said 4

• florescent lights aren't flattering for anyone. i'm as white as a person can be without having albinism, I don't look blotchy, but they do tend to light me in the wrong way =S

• Fluorescent lights are anything but natural, they have a weird tone to them. That's why they're not used for lighting in movies (I don't know anything about photography, but I assume it's the same)--they make people look bad.

• I'm fair, and I look kind of bad under florescent light's too. I'm dreading the day that those will be the only kind of light bulbs they sell lol.

• I don't think florescents are the future. those eco bulbs are. I have them in my house and they cast more of a natural light and they don't make people look nasty =D

• Really? Good, I was worried haha.

• NO! its just that you look better under other lights! Like models in photo shoots lighting is very important

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think I have ever looked blotchy in certain kinds of light, and I'm extremely pale. I seriously look like a vampire.

• Non one looks good under florescent lightingEven Dark-skinned people like look awkward under it.