Is it a good idea to use those little applicator wands for practicing eyeshadow or should I just practice with my set of brushes?

Just asking because I've been told the applicators are no good even though they come with the eyeshadow I get and everything. I just didn't want to get my brushes all dirty yet when I don't even really know what I'm doing. Though I need to learn how to be good with the brushes eventually anyway and the applicators might not even do a good job so I'm not sure which one to use.

Most Helpful Girl

• Applicators that come with sets are harsh on your eyeshadows and bust them up faster, they're also really clunky and don't give you a good, clean, well-blended look. They're okay if you're using one solid color just on your lid but if you want multiple colors or want to spread color higher it's no good.

I usually just keep them around to apply concealer/highlighter around my lips and nose

Brushes however are actually easier to use, Give you way more options and leave you lookin dazzling and well kept. There are a lot of make up tutorials on YouTube and Pinterest that you can take a look at for some inspiration and step by step make overs.

When it comes to cleaning brushes if you're using a gel eyeshadow have a glass with warm water and set brushes in there and swish them around as you would a paint brush. Rub them in a sheet of toilet tissue to see if there's any color left and if there is just repeat the process until it's done. If you're using a powdered eyeshadow then just brushing them over toilet tissue until the color is all gone is okay as well.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• The sponge applicators really aren't great, and you can't blend with them. Just use the brushes and get into a routine of washing them fairly regularly.

• Brushes help you blend your eye colors. I think brushes are the best choice!

• you can clean brushes, use them

• Use your brushes! It makes blending so much easier!