What is the best makeup to buy?

I've never worn makeup before because I don't need it but I have worn eyeliner whenever I was feeling girly. I just want to know what is the best makeup brand and how to apply it. I don't want foundation or anything but just eyeliner, lipstick, and eye shadow.

Most Helpful Girl

• My Favorites
    Mascara: Sephora and cover girl
    Eye liner: Revlon pencil eye liner (glides on nice, lasts a long time without smudging) and Tarte waterproof gel eyeliner (this is the ABSOLUTE best eyeliner. It lasts all day, no smudging or fading. The downside is you really need a good makeup remover to get it off >_< )
    Eye Shadow: I really like Revlon brand eye shadows, Urban Decay is also really nice.
    Lipsticks: Calvin Klein is my favorite lipstick brand. The colors are really bold but they don't feel cakey or make my lips feel tingly (apparently i'm allergic to something in most lipsticks)

Application: For eye liner. I love a pencil liner because I feel like I have more control than with a liquid liner. However I feel I have the best control using a gel brush. I usually start at the corner of each eye and mark how far and how up or down I want the liner to go.
    For Eye shadow, I use an "all over shadow" brush for the base, and classic crease brush for the rest.
    Lipsticks, I just dab on my lips (usually i'm not big on bold colors, just a little tint) and blend it out with my finger and apply lip balm on top to help give it some shine.
    All of my ways of applying make up I learned from YouTube. If you want, let me know and I can put the links in the comment box.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 6

• It depends. Expensive brands are obviously, in a lot of cases, much better quality. But if you're just starting out and playing around, you can find some real gems by cheaper brands. L'oreal are pretty okay for lipsticks, I have a revlon eyeliner which I love more than any of my high end ones, and as for eyeshadow, rimmel do some pretty cute ones.

If your budget can stretch further Mac is maybe a good starting point. Not really high end prices, but better quality and colour choices than your drugstore brands.

• If say MAC because it's actually for makeup artists... But it's about $25 a lipstick hoc his dumb
    If you don't wear makeup often and are starting I recommend elf, covergirl or revlon. Good inexpensive brands that deliver the results

• I really love Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream, Covergirls Clump Crusher Mascara, Loreal Liquid Eyeliner, Mac blush. (These are just some of my must haves right now!)

• I will use any makeup from benefit cosmetics

• Mac, Nars, and Too Faced, are amazing!

• Go to mac is realky cute no so strong colors are the best