How to stop being insecure?

I guess im average looking but i find myself always comparing myself to other females that know how to wear makeup and have their nails done and dress really nice with big butts since that's the norm now and i feel like my boyfriend will eventually leave me for one of those girls. Is there anything i can do to stop and just be confident?

Most Helpful Girl

• Focus on yourself and don't try to compare yourself so much to other women. I was very insecure when I was younger but I'm 18 now and I don't compare myself to other people. I learned a lot after breaking up with my ex that I don't need to look a certain way just to get a guy to notice me. Or have to pretend to be someone that I am not. I stopped comparing myself to other girls at my school a long time ago because it isn't good for your self-esteem it just beats you up that's all. Everyone is different in there own unique way. Be confident in yourself, love yourself because that is the most important thing. Never try to be someone that you are not, just be you do you. And another thing you don't need make up to feel beautiful, only if you want to wear it. But don't wear to impress someone. I don't wear make up I don't see the point of wearing it, I wear lipstick but that's it. But other than that I don't wear all that other stuff, I feel beautiful in my own skin. He's not going to leave you if you just stick to being yourself. Stop being so insecure and focus on yourself and do not compare yourself to other people. Look in the mirror at yourself and smile and tell yourself that you are beautiful. I can't make you feel good about yourself but I can give you advice. He obviously loves you for who you are which is why he is with you. Don't you see it, I hope so. And smile it really helps.

What Guys Said 1

• You live one time and who knows what is next. It could be nothing. Accept who you are because you will not be reborn. Be grateful for what you have, work hard, improve yourself and help others. Put pride in who you are as a person and not what you look like and good things will follow.

What Girls Said 6

• I used to feel unconfident about my self until my relationship ended with my ex. When we broke up I realized that I don't need to wear a certain amount of make up to be attractive to other guys. i didn't need to worry about trying to lose weight because I know that at least one guy would would love my average sized body. Learning to except your body for what it is can really help. If your not skinny, you can think that 'nobody want to be with a bag if bones' and if your skinny, you can think of how hot you'll look in your bikini this summer ;) I do not say these things to put others down, it is a simply one method that you can use (IN YOUR HEAD) to help boost your confidence until you feel like you can accept yourself. Everybody's body and personality is unique and shouldn't be compared to others :)

• I do hope you realise you are no different to any other woman.. We all have our own insecurities of one sort or another.. And mostly its to do with that sometimes awful word.. COMPARISON.

We've all been guilty of it at some point or other, but somehow learn to overcome it.

And as for your boyfriend? .. Do I really need to tell you why he's with you? .. No, I didn't think I would.

Please, find it in yourself to start enjoying the life you so richly deserve.

• Stop comparing yourself to other girls, for starters. Appreciate the fact you're your own individual self. Wear clothes that fit otherwise you'll end up looking either too thin or too fat. Wearing the right clothes will boost your confidence and you'll definitely look 100x better if you wear nice clothes.

• Try to be confident. It's okay, don't worry how others dress and do their hair. Be your own person. Embrace what you got. Let it shine. Trying wearing a soft brown eyeliner and a champagne or shimmery gold eyeshadow for that sultry look. Not too harsh. It will definitely make your eyes more awake and stand out. For your face, you can try mixing in your foundation and moisturizer if you don't want full coverage. A little bit of blush on the apple of your cheeks and a coral lip gloss/stick will do the trick. Your boyfriend loves you for who you are. If he did leave you, he is not worth it because he is shallow. It's the personality that truly matters in the end.

• Look at it this way he wants you because your not like all those other girls

• Focus on your positives. Stop judging yourself to other females. I know it difficult but try not to compare yourself. Take care of your body if u want a bigger butt then start learning how to do squats. Join a gym, guys love fit girls and you will feel better about yourself when you start seeing results. Learn how to use makeup to compliment you. What color eyes do u have? I can help with makeup because I'm a Marykay consultant. Try to show your natural features off. I have warm blue eyes so I wear eyeshadow to make them Pop!

• okay thank you so much i will defiantly try that and my eyes are dark brown but some makeup tends to break me out thats why i use a little bit