Girls, how do you usually style your hair?

I usually use heat to style mine, but I want to stop so I don't damage it.

Do you use no heat?

If so, how to you make it look good?

d.justpo.st/.../...1c8374a0d328f1647bbf97eaf62.jpg

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually straighten it with a flat iron. My natural hair is wavy underneath and straight on top so it's a mess if I don't style it. Lol sometimes I braid it and sleep on it so it's all wavy the next day. That's probably better since it involves no heat.

• Lol that's how mine is too. And it's kind of thin, so all the hair tutorials on how to curl hair with no heat usually just end up crimping it.

• Yeah, mine isn't super thick but it's not really thin either so it's kind of easy to style.

• Thanks for MH :)

What Guys Said 1

• That girl's hair in the pic is so weird.

What Girls Said 17

• I don't. Out of the shower, towel dry, comb out, towel dry again (just to get it drier) and no brush out after second towel dry, just finger fluff (all tangles are out after initial brush out). I have straight shoulder blade length hair. I never use heat or product of any kind except my It's A 10 spritz in anti-static spray sometimes.

• I like my hair somewhat natural and wavy but I flat iron any weird waves and I don't straighten the whole lock / length. Usually it's my bangs that get funky (I'm growing them out) and so I end up having to straighten that part or I pin it to the side in a braid or twist. When my hair was longer I used to wear it in a top knot or in a long braid. If you want your hair a bit curly you can braid it wet and sleep on it the night before or use rollers?

• After I take a shower, brush my hair free of tangles, an then I let my hair air dry which is one step that you can subtract from your routine. my hair is naturally straight, so when I want to have curly hair I use the Twist Braid method. You do this when your hair is wet or damp and leave it in over night while your sleeping. in the morning you will wake up to pretty curls :) you can also purchase a hair mask and leave it in for about 30 minutes. This will help restore lost nutrients and moister to dry and damaged hair. Another thing to do it make sure take showers in the morning if possible. Brush your hair every night before you sleep so that your hair's natural oil will spread evenly. by giving your hair more time to to soak in the oils, it's another way to help your hair gain moister back when you lose it during heat styling. I know this goes beyond just style techniques, but these are nice tips to know when dealing with heat frequently!

• My hair naturally curly/wavy. During winter I blow dry it and use a curling mousse to allow it to keep it's curls, during summer I let it air dry. I sometimes define the curls with a curling iron when I have time. Then I do straighten it sometimes with a straightening iron but I put a protection spray on my hair so that is remains soft and doesn't get damaged.

• I usually just comb it and wear it down.

• My hair is naturally wavy so I just wash and wear with some products to tame the frizz. My picture is pretty much how my hair looks 95% of the time.

• Awh I'm so jelly. Do you straighten your bangs?

• Sometimes if they're being particularly assholish but usually if I comb them down when my hair is wet and just run my fingers through them a lot they'll straighten out.

• Usually it's natural and down. If I'm going out or anything maybe I'll curl it with a curling iron.

• either tied back in a bun or I let my waves/curls go free! depend on the weather/humidity, where I'm going, how much time I have or if I'm being lazy; in which case it's probably covered by a hoodie. (:

• I have naturally wavy hair so I usually just leave it like that. But sometimes the waves aren't as wavy or during day 3 of not washing hair or something it's not as wavy so I plait my hair and after 5-6 hours is wavy. Though I don't do this often cause I have naturally wavy hair. But it's nice for those who don't have wavy hair

• My hair is naturally straight so sometimes I'll just leave it like that. Other times I'll curl it or I'll put it up. I love experimenting and I try not to go for the same iPod twice

• My natural hair is a mix of curly, wavy and straight so I straighten it to help control it. If I wear it natural either I have a hat on or I put it in a pony tail, leaving two curly sections of hair on either side of my face.

• I either braid it, wear in a low pony tail, or have it down.

• I wear it down and theyre really straight (like on the pic) or in a high ponytail or bun.

• I leave it natural. I can't hadle it bc it's too curly. :/

• I personally keep my hair down with multiple small braids or curl it and wear a cute clip in hair bow

• I spend 20 mins making the fringe perfect and teasing it so that it has volume.

Then I get so annoyed by my fringe it gets tucked behind my ears HAHAHAHA

• I'm wearing hijab. So not worried about hair