Girls, do you believe guys should stay quiet about their preferences about makeup?

I generally say that makeup is ok with me just as long as it doesn't look like you;re wearing it... in other words the natural look.

Others just don't like makeup at all.. and there are those who actually do really like it.

But many girls would say we are clueless and don't know what we are talking about... So should we just stay quiet about our preferences to makeup because of that?

Most Helpful Girl

• In general I don't think there's anything wrong with having your own opinion on it.

With a specific girl you're into though... I mean, voice an opinion if she asks what you think of her putting on makeup or leaving her face bare, but otherwise, if she's not soliciting your opinion, it's unnecessary and inadvisable to try to tell her how she should wear it based on what you like.

First, it's kinda true you guys tend to not know the half of it, especially when it comes to what is a "natural" look lol. Besides that though, just like guys don't like to be changed or nagged - same goes with many girls. If she likes wearing makeup, she likes wearing makeup. If you go out with her, I'd do it while knowing and accepting that. Rather than trying to get her to wear less or more or whatever.

What Girls Said 6

• I value my SO's opinion so I don't want him to keep quiet. With that said, he met me and I wore makeup the way I liked it. He asked me to be his girlfriend with me wearing it the same way. Fast forward and he asked me to be his wife, again with the same makeup. So it would be extremely weird if after all of that he said he wanted me to changed it. I would be okay if I tried something new and he expressed that he didn't like it. But don't ask me to suddenly stop wearing makeup all together because deep down you want me to change

• You go right ahead and express your opinion. Just don't expect me to change to make you happy.

• I don't know why so many girls get offended when guys say they look better without makeup. Or when they say "Well we don't wear makeup for YOU we wear makeup for us." I think I would want anyone, regardless of gender to tell me if my makeup looked bad.

• Unless you wear and/or apply make up on a regular basis no you most probably don't understand the work that goes into makeup so you shouldn't really talk about makeup.

I don't know how to fix cars so I don't tell people how to they should.

• You have the right to say what you like. I guess I can see where it can go wrong because girls may get offended that your preference for example is the natural look while they like to go to a full makeup look with a smokey eye and all. It may seem to some that you're insulting them.

My friends boyfriend told her he liked the natural look and she got angry because she thought he was saying she put too much makeup on.

Either way it gets risky there. I personally don't mind but hey maybe that's cause I don't wear makeup

• your a lowed to have your opinion but I wouldn't wear makeup unless it was for a specil occasion

What Guys Said 3

• Just guys say they like natural.

When they do studied women with relatively heavy but well applied makeup are rated more attractice, if working as waitresses get better tips etc.

So it would appear that men don't generally know what they're talking about.

• and so if they don't know what they are talking about, they should stay quiet about it?

• waitresses wearing more makeup don't make more because they're considered more attractive. the get better tips because guys assume they're "sluttier" and have a better chance getting lucky with those servers. they get hit on and touched excessively and tend to be the type of women to allow guys to get away with that sort of shit. it has mothing to do with attraction. @kheserthorpe

• @thewanderingme the only actual research I've seen on it both men and women rated the waitress more attractive with makeup. Men tipped more. Furthermore the tippig increase was highly correlated with those who rated her more attractive.

So while what you suggest about her looking more available might be true it simply doesn't appear true that there's no attractiveness boost.

• People don't tell me what to do, I take it into consideration but I am not necessarily obligated to follow it. I don't like makeup at all, and I am going to keep on saying that to prove that there are people who are not interested in a girl more just because she bothers with wearing face paint.

• why should we stay quiet?

i believe no make-up is the best, and i won't stay quiet about it :-P