Why this obsession with the "gold blue" "white black" or whatever color it is, dress lately?

Since yesterday i've seen this question,5 times already.

What's going on with this notorious dress? i don't get it... :-/

Most Helpful Girl

• The dress is ugly anyways. It shouldn't be relevant anymore.

What Girls Said 7

• Because it shows us things about vision and how the brain works. It's weird how it can look so different to two different people.

• People love following trends making things bigger than what they actually are. Beats me.

• I saw the dress on local and national news. Isn't there REAL news we should be discussing? Not arguing about what color a dress is?

• I actually hate it now, its so annoying

• i see both colors and it is so confusing

• Kind of crazy how fast that spread on the internet... My social teacher said he saw it on like 3 world-renound news sources.

• It's WHITE AND GOLD!

What Guys Said 9

• I saw a link to it on yahoo, read the main title "what color is the dress?" and immediately didn't give a fuck and continued to log in. I still don't know whats going on but I tend not to pay attention to stupid ass shit, of course how do I know its stupid if I didn't even bother to click it? well some things are more obvious than others hahaa.

• 0|0
  • I don't understand what the big deal is either. Maybe sellers or whoever just wanna make it more popular to increase the price. I don't know and I don't care.

• Its to distract us from something greater
    or a test to see how easily a majority of the people can be distracted
    I wish i could get rid of all media and destructive pop culture... its useless

Scary part is, it worked

• i think its so silly and dumb

• It's stupid... and for everyone who sees gold, do you see black people as gold people as well?

• That's I've been wondering too. All those hipsters/trendies getting so concerned about a silly dress colour...

It annoys the fuck outta me!

• Did you see the question where you look at the dress and guess what color it is? The one where it looked like black and blue, but was actually gold and white? I'm pretty sure you've seen it.

• The only thing you need to get is that the media decides what goes "viral"

They perpetuate this completely. Push it across every single channel until that's all anyone speaks about.